Results 1 to 19 of 19

Attention ADMIN

  1. #1
    Dragon
    Guest

    Default Attention ADMIN

    Just to make our forum more intresting, Cant we have a pop up for the member who have just log in or Log out.

    I mean, As soon as some member log into the forum, a pop up saying "abc has just logged in" or logged out, this pop will be viewed only by the online members...

    What do you think???

  2. #2
    Bronze Member players_player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    295

    Default

    yup this idea sounds great!!

  3. #3
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Its a great idea but we on an average day get about 150-170 new members and from our old members about 600-1000 login every day so for example if you stay online for half an hour at peak hours you would get about 2-3 popups per min depending upon time of the day you log in. Wouldnt that be too annoying?
    Another problem will be the performance of the forum in respect to speed will go down as this popup thing will have to recheck the members online ever 10-15 seconds which will consume a lot of respurces.

    I am going to install a plug in which will create a page where we will get all the posts being made live on that page in a list with the first few lines included which will make it a lot easier for all of us.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member players_player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    295

    Default

    yes sorry manish but i think the admin has a better idea... i dont wanna be bugged so many times in a minute. thats sucks.

    @ Admin... yes i think the page with post is much better.

    Thankxx

  5. #5
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    The problem is that that script is not available for the latest version of vbulletin and I am waiting for the creator of that script to update it. Shouldnt be too long

  6. #6
    Bronze Member players_player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    The problem is that that script is not available for the latest version of vbulletin and I am waiting for the creator of that script to update it. Shouldnt be too long
    I Hope Not!!:taz:

  7. #7
    Dragon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

    I am going to install a plug in which will create a page where we will get all the posts being made live on that page in a list with the first few lines included which will make it a lot easier for all of us.
    Thanks Admin for your response....

    Installing a plug is a good idea....

    coming back to pop ups, can we have a pop up only for the members who are in our friend's list ????

    What do you say admin??

  8. #8
    Gold Member Logik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    723

    Default

    oh well we are on the forum & not on the messenger.......so not effective idea to implement......jus meh 2 cents
    BSNL Stands 4 : Bhai Sahab Nahi Lagega:D

  9. #9
    sujithsukrutham
    Guest

    Default

    By default my browser blocks pop ups ( I prefer that )

  10. #10
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    ya admin you are correct bro... and before i say anything.. first you tell your name yaar...
    and yes it will affect performance of forum and apart from that getting a popup:50: after every 30 sec wud be ...... aaaaaahhhhhh one more :7: type of situation...

  11. #11
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    My name is Parminder


    Last edited by Admin; 24th July 2008 at 09:08 AM.

  12. #12
    Dragon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    my name is parminder


    singh is king!!!!:17::54:

  13. #13
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manish_lalit View Post
    singh is king!!!!:17::54:
    Parminder to mast naam hai

    Singh is King

    bhai Rana bhi King..

  14. #14
    Dragon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smoothvibes View Post
    Parminder to mast naam hai

    Singh is King

    bhai Rana bhi King..
    Bhai rana to hamare des ki shan hai...one of the most daring people.:rockon:

  15. #15
    Bronze Member players_player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    295

    Arrow

    I think for the first time the admin mentioned his Name!!

  16. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    admin bro
    can you plz start one new topic where we can provide serials and keys or any other useful free utilities and softwares...

    that may help others.. to get some new stuff on system...

  17. #17
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Normally any softwares which needs a serial no or a key is a paid software or script and having links to those cracked stuff would be illegal
    This site is hosted in USA and they have very strict piracy policy and it wont take long before they shut our site down.

    Those sites which either host cracked softwares or have links to files with keygens and stuff are running illegally if they are hosted in USA or even most European data centres.. There are exceptions but those hosting companies in a few particular countries are a bit dodgy.

    I hope you understand

  18. #18
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Normally any softwares which needs a serial no or a key is a paid software or script and having links to those cracked stuff would be illegal
    This site is hosted in USA and they have very strict piracy policy and it wont take long before they shut our site down.

    Those sites which either host cracked softwares or have links to files with keygens and stuff are running illegally if they are hosted in USA or even most European data centres.. There are exceptions but those hosting companies in a few particular countries are a bit dodgy.

    I hope you understand
    yes please i got that...

    not a problem... will not do any act like that...

  19. #19
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    Hi admin

    please check this one

    http://www.indiabroadband.net/web-ho...html#post33369
    one more ad on our forum... this time this guy is selling domain name.... and that is too on all forums and sub-forums.... :taz:

    and please give me the link to check how to notify such things...
    isnae poora forum mae ek he baat likh diya hai
    Last edited by SmoothVibes; 8th August 2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Similar Threads

  1. Attention IBF
    By strider in forum Suggestions and Complaints
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2nd August 2010, 11:17 AM
  2. [Request] Attention Mods and Admins !!!
    By jagan2 in forum Suggestions and Complaints
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 15th May 2010, 08:00 PM
  3. Attention Everyone !!!!
    By The One in forum Computer Security
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 5th March 2009, 03:13 PM
  4. Attention Torrent users...
    By Nashiz in forum General offtopic discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17th September 2008, 11:00 AM
  5. Attention Please I Need All Of Ur Help...
    By players_player in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29th June 2008, 06:41 AM