Results 1 to 35 of 35

Tata Docomo 3G fraud

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Tata Docomo 3G fraud

    Tata Docomo are clearly misguiding & cheating in name of providing 3G services. Here is my experience:

    After buying a 3G enabled handset (Samsung Galaxy 3) few months back, I bought a Tata Docomo pre-paid SIM (which I was assured was 3G enabled) for trying out their 3G services. Initially 3G was not launched in my city (Pune), so I used the GPRS pack & was happy with the performance. Few days after 3G was launched in Pune, I bought a 3G recharge voucher worth 500MB. To my surprise, I was unable to get speeds beyond 128kbps. Just to be sure, I checked the speed (using the Speed Test app. on Android) in various locations around the city at different times, but the download speed never went above 128kbps.

    I then called customer support many times, but they were totally ignorant & hopeless..unable to even understand the problem. I tried their online chat support & registered complaint there..shockingly, the complaint was closed without giving any reason or even informing me! After that I emailed their support (listen.rom AT tatadocomo DOT com) & explained the problem clearly. They replied back saying that the complaint has been forwarded to concerned dept. & they would get back to me soon. Someone called me, listened to my complaint again & told me that there was no speed cap & that 3G was activated for my account..he assured me that problem would be solved in 24 hours..but nothing happened. I kept on following up with daily email pressurizing them to resolve the problem.

    Then they came clean & admitted that there was indeed a speed cap of 128kbps for my SIM which could not be modified now..whatís more, I would have to buy a new e-Stick connection to avail 3G services. I got angry & explained that I do not intend to use 3G on laptop or desktop but only handset, so donít need the e-Stick..but the support guy kept on repeating the same thing. Since then they have not called me further & keep on sending stock replies to my emails.

    It is shameful that 2 reputed names of Tata & Docomo are involved in such openly fraudulent behaviour. I am going to post this story in as many online forums as possible to expose & highlight the blatant cheating practices followed by Tata Docomo till they solve my problem. I also plan to go to consumer court to make sure they at least refund my recharge amount, if not also activate 3G.

    Has anybody else faced this kind of situation? Please post your experience & we will pressurize them into changing their behaviour & attitude.

  2. #2
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default REASON:- tata docomo caps the speed as soon as mobile is used on pc

    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLaw View Post
    Tata Docomo are clearly misguiding & cheating in name of providing 3G services. Here is my experience:

    After buying a 3G enabled handset (Samsung Galaxy 3) few months back, I bought a Tata Docomo pre-paid SIM (which I was assured was 3G enabled) for trying out their 3G services. Initially 3G was not launched in my city (Pune), so I used the GPRS pack & was happy with the performance. Few days after 3G was launched in Pune, I bought a 3G recharge voucher worth 500MB. To my surprise, I was unable to get speeds beyond 128kbps. Just to be sure, I checked the speed (using the Speed Test app. on Android) in various locations around the city at different times, but the download speed never went above 128kbps.

    I then called customer support many times, but they were totally ignorant & hopeless..unable to even understand the problem. I tried their online chat support & registered complaint there..shockingly, the complaint was closed without giving any reason or even informing me! After that I emailed their support (listen.rom AT tatadocomo DOT com) & explained the problem clearly. They replied back saying that the complaint has been forwarded to concerned dept. & they would get back to me soon. Someone called me, listened to my complaint again & told me that there was no speed cap & that 3G was activated for my account..he assured me that problem would be solved in 24 hours..but nothing happened. I kept on following up with daily email pressurizing them to resolve the problem.

    Then they came clean & admitted that there was indeed a speed cap of 128kbps for my SIM which could not be modified now..whatís more, I would have to buy a new e-Stick connection to avail 3G services. I got angry & explained that I do not intend to use 3G on laptop or desktop but only handset, so donít need the e-Stick..but the support guy kept on repeating the same thing. Since then they have not called me further & keep on sending stock replies to my emails.

    It is shameful that 2 reputed names of Tata & Docomo are involved in such openly fraudulent behaviour. I am going to post this story in as many online forums as possible to expose & highlight the blatant cheating practices followed by Tata Docomo till they solve my problem. I also plan to go to consumer court to make sure they at least refund my recharge amount, if not also activate 3G.

    Has anybody else faced this kind of situation? Please post your experience & we will pressurize them into changing their behaviour & attitude.

    buddy, im from rajasthan. i too faced the same issue. i bought 3g sim on 27th jan 2011. that tym i was getting 300KB/s dwnload speed. this speed continued till 7th feb. later, speed was reduced to 90KB/s.
    did complained but nothing happens.

    REASON:- tata docomo caps the speed as soon as mobile is used on pc. i suffered and got a proof of it.

    this i the rule mentioned by tata docomo under terms and conditions of 3G


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    In my case, I did not use the connection from PC at all..I am just trying to use it from my 3G handset as I mentioned in my post..so there is no violation of their rules at all.

  4. #4
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default try this.

    tata docomo has different apn for its e stick subscribers. They have separate apn for them i.e. tatadocomo3g This apn is very fast and gives real hi end 3g speed.

    Since u mentioned that you did recharged with a 500mb recharge voucher, there is possibility tat u can connect through this apn on your mobile.

    I tried it, it was unsuccessfull. Gave me error of packet data conn not available, as didn't made any 3G voucher recharge. Try your luck.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I'm happy to report that my problem has been resolved! I did not get a call or mail from TD, but when I just checked the access speed last night it now goes well beyond 128kbps..in the 1-2.5mbps range. I hope it stays this way now on..

    Thank you Tatadocomo..just wish you guys had done this much earlier without so much complaining..

  6. #6
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLaw View Post
    I'm happy to report that my problem has been resolved! I did not get a call or mail from TD, but when I just checked the access speed last night it now goes well beyond 128kbps..in the 1-2.5mbps range. I hope it stays this way now on..

    Thank you Tatadocomo..just wish you guys had done this much earlier without so much complaining..
    im happy for u too.... me too reported but these guys closed the complain without resolving planning to sue them now.

  7. #7
    nirav496086
    Guest

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLaw View Post
    I'm happy to report that my problem has been resolved! I did not get a call or mail from TD, but when I just checked the access speed last night it now goes well beyond 128kbps..in the 1-2.5mbps range. I hope it stays this way now on..

    Thank you Tatadocomo..just wish you guys had done this much earlier without so much complaining..
    Try NEW APN : tatadocomo3g

    Reply.

  8. #8
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by nirav496086 View Post
    Try NEW APN : tatadocomo3g

    Reply.
    this apn will only work for estick users with (brown coloured sim)

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Here in c.g. Docomo gives 850KBps. . . . .with IDM .

  10. #10
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    soon they will cap your speed like they are doing with other subscribers.
    till then u enjoy...!!

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Hey..

    I am from Indore. First, I used 15 Rs->500 MB for 3 days plan..that time I was getting upto 1.6 Mbps speed ... after this I recharged with 65 Rs. plan which gives me 2.5 Gb for 30 days....but now my speed reduced(capped) to 128 Kbps... plz help...

  12. #12
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    nobody can help....
    its done by all operators and on all 2g plans. u have to face it and be less greedy

  13. #13
    yogee1615
    Guest

    Default

    Heu man you are wrong now i am here

  14. #14
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogee1615 View Post
    Heu man you are wrong now i am here
    hmmm so how can you help us..???

  15. #15
    yogee1615
    Guest

    Default

    Because i have a trick by which we can use 3g speed in 2g sim
    which never goes wrong

  16. #16
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogee1615 View Post
    Because i have a trick by which we can use 3g speed in 2g sim
    which never goes wrong
    then why not post it here..???
    if you have some insecurity feeling regarding it, then you can always personal message about it who so ever ask for it..

  17. #17
    yogee1615
    Guest

    Default

    How to make pm in this forum

  18. #18
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    visit any members profile and you will get an option to send a personal message. simple..!!!

  19. #19
    yogee1615
    Guest

    Default

    Ok i will
    pm you

  20. #20
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogee1615 View Post
    Ok i will
    pm you
    yogee. pm too with the trick..

    would be gratefull

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hey All,

    Can we use the DOCOMO 3G E-stick on roaming e.g. Delhi. In delhi Docomo is not present. When I had taken connection, the Docomo people had committed that It can be used anywhere in the India. They have tie-ups with other 3G operators where they dont have lisence.

    However, In delhi. I wasnt able to use it. Only Reliance GSM 3G allowed the network to E-Stick. The net was not connected because of Incorrect APN SEttings. ( obviously REL net cant be logged thru DOCOMO APN).

    Please suggest the APN settings for the same.

    I called these Un professional people, but they had no clue at all. They were fully Blank.

    I called eveyrwhere on DOCOMO (offices, call centre,Support, Nodal Desk, Nodal estick desk,) now they aretelling that its not possible to use E stick anywhere where docomo 3G is not available. not usable even on DOCOMO 2G network either. Leave Reliance 3G.

  22. #22
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    did you tried with rel APN???

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I was willing to. But I didnt have the reliance APN.

    I wrote the mail to these people, but they informed me that they dont have any such idea.

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Inorder to get 3G services in your sim you have to upgrade the sim(if it is taken one year before)

  25. #25
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
    Inorder to get 3G services in your sim you have to upgrade the sim(if it is taken one year before)
    get your facts updated........... this is not the case with any of the indian cellular operators. dont spread wrong information.

  26. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Whera can I find ADOCOMO 3G tariff plan?

  27. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    nobody can help you with this
    customer care is also so ignorant
    i dont think it works good for mobile

  28. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    docoma is tata group they never cheat ( tata group) i trust they wil do justice with you if tata tie up with bsnl it is sone pe suhaga al d best

  29. #29
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shekhar_56 View Post
    docoma is tata group they never cheat ( tata group) i trust they wil do justice with you if tata tie up with bsnl it is sone pe suhaga al d best
    yes... that would be the biggest thing ever... bsnl (lots of towers) +tata (expertise and quality)
    job takes the child away.

  30. #30
    Silver Member mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shekhar_56 View Post
    docoma is tata group they never cheat ( tata group) i trust they wil do justice with you if tata tie up with bsnl it is sone pe suhaga al d best
    not possible bocause one is state ownd company and other is fully independent Co.
    Acquisitions need nod from share holders and govt policies need to be changed.

  31. #31
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandaamir View Post
    not possible bocause one is state ownd company and other is fully independent Co.
    Acquisitions need nod from share holders and govt policies need to be changed.
    well there is a company called VSNL.in and its goes to tatatelecommunications.com
    job takes the child away.

  32. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6

    Smile docoma and 3g

    i wanna know when tata docoma is launching 3g in hyderabad

  33. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    yogee ..plzzz pm me that trick toooo.....

  34. #34
    Junior Member godson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ankit_it View Post
    yogee ..plzzz pm me that trick toooo.....
    agar koi khass trick hai to hame bhi de do bhai

  35. #35
    Junior Member harish51290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogee1615 View Post
    Ok i will
    pm you
    pls even msg me tat trick, even im facing d same prob...I'm getting a download speed of just 5-25KBPS

Similar Threads

  1. Fraud - tata 3g prepaid
    By rahulkavitkar in forum Tata 3G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th March 2015, 11:43 AM
  2. Re: Tata Docomo Walky
    By banerjee in forum Tata Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th July 2014, 04:20 PM
  3. Tata docomo
    By saasaa1 in forum Mobile broadband
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7th January 2011, 07:27 AM
  4. Docomo doesnt work on Tata docomo
    By mickey in forum Tata Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th July 2010, 08:29 AM
  5. Tata DoCoMo
    By aashaka_gandhi in forum Tata Mobile
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17th August 2009, 12:47 PM