- 14th March 2009 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
Tata Nano- Full Specifications & Features
Tata Nano- Full Specifications & Features
launch: 23rd march, 2009
nano CX mid level
nano LX top end
cost of base model not to exceed Rs. 1,00,000 ex-factory
safety as per Indian standards
seating capacity of 4 persons
all aluminium rear mounted MPFI
EMS: 32-bit microprocessor
piston displacement: 624 cc, petrol with single balancer shaft
drive train: rear wheel drive
cylinder count: 2 cylinders
valve gear: 4 valves, 2 valves per cylinder
max power: 35 bhp@5500 rpm
torque: 4.8 kgm@3000 rpm
compression ratio: 9.7:1
power to weight ratio: 0.58
acceleration: 0-60 kmph: 8 secs
top speed: 105 kmph
EMS electronic engine management system with "blink code mechanism" for easy repairs
fuel cut-off for safety
gearbox: 4 forward speeds, 1 reverse, all forward gears synchronised
operation: cable operted
1st: 3.45, shift upto 10 kmph
2nd: 1.95, shift between 20-30 kmph
3rd: 1.26, shift between 30-50 kmph
4th: 0.838, shift between 50-70 kmph
front: independent mcpherson strut, shock absorber
rear: semi trailing arm, coil spring with gas filled shock absorber
front: 180 mm drum
rear: 180 mm drum
wheels and tyres:
front tyres: 135/70 R 12 tubeless
rear tyres: 155/65 R 12 tubeless
spare: 1 tyre, 135/70 R 12 tubeless
tubeless radial tyres standard on all variants
in case the front tyre punctures, you can replace it with the stepney provided.
in case of a rear tyre puncture, since there is no stepney of that tyre, Tata recommends:
- don't go beyond 40-60 kmph in case of puncture
- get the tyre repaired ASAP
- drive carefully at sharp turns
front: 26 psi
rear: 28 psi
turning radius: 4 meters
dimensions and weights:
length: 3099 mm
width: 1495 mm
height: 1620 mm
wheel base: 2230 mm
ground clearance: 180 mm
kerb weight: 600 kg
fuel tank capacity: 15 litres
fuel cut-off @ 5600 rpm in every gear or at 105 kmph
fuel consumption: 23.6 kmpl
battery: semi sealed under the driver's seat
boot capacity: 80 litres
500 litres with seats folded
Nano baseavailable in BS-2 and BS-3 varients)
seat belts: front ELR, rear static
fixed tail gate. engine opening through rear bumper
egg shaped design
rear mounted high mounted stop light
centrally placed exhaust
ONLY DRIVER'S seat adjust-sliding and reclining
fixed co driver seat
REAR FOLDING SEAT
2 spoke steering wheel
grey bumpers and interiors
driver side OSRVM
Nano CXavailable in BS-2 and BS-3 varients)
adds to nano base:
HVAC (air conditioner with heater)
tinted glasses all round
DRIVER AND CO DRIVER SEAT SLIDING AND RECLINING
2 tone grey interiors and seats
metallic paint optional
Nano LX (available in BS-3 varient only)
adds to Nano CX:
front power windows
front and rear fog lamps
3 spoke steering wheel
moulded door trim with fabric
TRIPMETER AND ODOMETER
floor console with glass holder
anti glare inside rear view mirror (prismatic day/ night)
sunvisors on both sides
18 months or 24,000 km whichever is earlier
1st free: 1000 km or 1 month whichever is earlier
2nd free: 5000 km or 6 months whichever is earlier
3rd free: 10000 km or 1 year whichever is earlier
subsequent service every 10,000 kms
nano base:bright red, ivory white, summer blue
nano CX: bright red, ivory white, summer blue, champagne gold, lunar silver
nano LX:champagne gold, lunar silver, sunshine yellow
merchandise available at dealers:
booking starts: 2nd week of april, forms available 7 days before the booking date is announced and forms will be available only for 14 days.
DEALERS ARE EXPECTING ABOUT 10 LAKH BOOKINGS
Booking forms will be available at:
- croma store
- 400 tata motors dealers across the country
online booking also available
expected: 90% booking from dealers
Only one form per customer (in his name) will be accepted.
No more than one form in the same customer's name will be accepted.
NO ECS REFUND.
booking amount: 70-80% of the car's ex-showroom cost.
after booking closes, allotment will be done on the basis of random number lottery where the lucky customer's name will be declared along with the name of the dealer from where he/ she can take delivery of the car along with date and time of delivery will also be specified.
- 15th March 2009 #2
and to sum up, pure garbage .
thanks for the specs btw.DON'T beam me up, Scotty!
- 15th March 2009 #3
y the hell u think its pure garbage?
its the cheapest car available ATM.BSNL Stands 4 : Bhai Sahab Nahi Lagega:D
- 15th March 2009 #4kirankumargbGuest
i agree with logik .... if you are not interested dont go for it... but its not garbage its a very useful thing for the needy......
- 16th March 2009 #5
well not to play spoil sport... its just my view... why shud u give a sh** about me?
i am a firm believer of quality over quantity, sorry.
actually i'm a bit shocked too... in the age of great technological advancements in automobile engineering, what tata come out with, is a glamorised golf cart with seat belts! ...
and i now realise i have no business in this thread. sorry ...
peace n enjoy!
Last edited by StarK; 16th March 2009 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Automerged DoublepostDON'T beam me up, Scotty!
- 16th March 2009 #6
ALL THAT YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NANO
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
Collection of my useful Threads - All in One
- The Tata Nano will initially be available in three models ó the Nano (base model), the CX (mid-level model) and LX (top-end model).
- The cost of the base model will not exceed Rs 1 lakh (ex-factory, Pune)
- Booking forms will be available at SBI, Westside, Croma stores and, of course, 400-odd Tata Motors dealerships.
- Booking forms will be available for only 14 days.
- Nano merchandise, including Nano phones and watches, will be marketed through various outlets.
- To begin with, only the petrol engine version will be available. The 624-cc two-cylinder petrol engine with a single balancer shaft (to avoid excessive vibrations) will have four valves. It will develop 35 bhp at 5,500 rpm and 4.8 kgm of torque at 3,000 rpm.
- The Nano should crack 60 kph in eight seconds and will have a top speed of 105 kph.
- The Nano will be available in BS II and BS III variants.
- The Nano will weigh 600 kg without load.
- The Nano will have only one spare tyre and it can be used to repair only the front tyres, since the rear tyre is of a different size. However, the car can be driven slowly even after a puncture (and should be repaired as soon as possible).
- The Nano will have four forward gears and one reverse gear.
- The Nano will have a 15-litre fuel tank. With an expected mileage of slightly over 20 kpl, a full-tank will take you over 300 km.
- Only the driverís seat will be adjustable in the base model.
- The Nano CX model will have air conditioning with a heater.
- The LX model will have power windows, central locking and fog lamps.
- The Nano will come with a warranty of 18 months or 24,000 km.
- 17th March 2009 #7
well seems to b a good car for the ones who actually come under middle class n lower middle class ppl...its a boon for em...!!!
i personally wouldnt go n buy this car.Dont count wat u lost, cherish wat u ve & plan wat to gain...coz past neva returns but future may return the lost! Think-Decide-Act!!!!
- 24th March 2009 #8
- 24th March 2009 #9
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
Nano, 800 & Euro IV norms
How about the emission norms? Recently there were the news that starting from 2010 in some cities of India there will be implementation of Euro IV norms (and that is why possibilities are that that Maruti will not upgrade its model 800) and as the news are coming in Nano is just BS III Complient. So will the owner of the car be able to drive in those cities with Euro IV norms?
It is believed that current drop in sells of 800 is mainly because of this reason.
- 19th April 2009 #10
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
well i guess its a cheap car, would be nice if they make a cheap electical car
- 20th April 2009 #11
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
Great review and yes 600 cc is not bad in 1 lakh after all its the cheapest car ever to hit indian market..
- 20th April 2009 #12jatinder911Guest
just wait and watch this car will give trouble, for ex a 4 lakh indica life is 2 years after that it burns hole in pocket then how could tin box costing 1 lakh will run trouble free??? don't trust tata desi technology, remember when indica launched everybody thinks that time its the best car now see the scenario its the most crappiest car ever built, tata is just attracting lower class people who need a taste of car not "real car" so they built toy nano to please them, like chines people have made shitty mobiles and value of cell phones is over even a hawker carry a cell phone, now tata made a shitty car to bring down repo of cars every jackass will buy car and jam roads.
- 20th April 2009 #13kirankumargbGuest
i dont have any doubt that it will give trouble after a few days... give me one vehicle which is not having problems ...! what i want to say is it has stared a evolution thats all now all will try to build a low budget cars... already some are in to it like renult, toyota etc... so its not that bad car at all...!
About that chinese cell phone... dude trust me in this.. if you ever get a original chinese made cell phone buy it without any hesitation... it works like a gem... but what happens is Indians are so good in copying that they reproduce them very fast & circulate in the same name & that are of very bad quality....
- By Admin in forum Tata carsReplies: 26Last Post: 6th December 2014, 04:21 PM
- By avant1 in forum Tata carsReplies: 0Last Post: 13th December 2011, 06:55 PM
- By Anything in forum Tata carsReplies: 10Last Post: 21st March 2011, 09:23 PM
- By meetdilip in forum News discussionsReplies: 0Last Post: 15th January 2010, 03:30 PM
- By padnar in forum News discussionsReplies: 26Last Post: 10th December 2008, 09:56 PM