Results 1 to 10 of 10

Tata sky is fooling and looting customers with new price slash of stb

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default Tata sky is fooling and looting customers with new price slash of stb

    Source: from some other forum

    By this time every body will come to know about Tata sky latest news that they dropped stb prices to Rs.1499/-.
    But if we see actually tata sky become more expensive then ever.
    Latest tata sky price is Rs.1499 /-( Hardware) + Rs.1000(Installation) = Rs.2499/-.

    Previous offer: Rs.2999/- (Hardware) + Rs.1000 (Installation) - Rs.1800 ( 6months free offer @ Rs.300 pack) = Rs.2199/-.

    So If you see Now tata sky has got Rs.300 expensive then previous offer. and fooling us and all their customer by saying that they have dropped prices.

    What do you say?????

    Sorry i am doning a comparision here between tata sky and dishtv pricing.
    Tata sky i have already given in previous post now lets see what dishtv will offer:
    Offer 1: Rs.4990/- (Hardware + installation+ 12 months free subscription) so here if we deduct subs. then its come to be Rs.4990 - 3600 (@Rs.300 pack for 12 months) = 1390 ( Include Rs.1190 for hardware and Rs.200 for installation)
    So interesting part here is if remove installation then Its Rs.1190 Vs Rs.1499/- of Tata sky

    Offer 2: Rs.3990 (H/w + installation + 6 months free subs) so here if we deduct Rs.1800 (of free subs) = Rs.2190 (Including hardware and installation) Vs Rs.2499/- of tata sky (Including h/w and installation).

  2. #2
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Wait for some time and both tata sky and dish tv will provide set top box and everything free for new connections.. Thats how it works all over the world.
    In UK sky doesnt charge for the box or installation and also provides a month or two subscription free of charge.

  3. #3
    kde
    kde is offline
    Junior Member kde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k_arun25 View Post
    Source: from some other forum

    By this time every body will come to know about Tata sky latest news that they dropped stb prices to Rs.1499/-.
    But if we see actually tata sky become more expensive then ever.
    Latest tata sky price is Rs.1499 /-( Hardware) + Rs.1000(Installation) = Rs.2499/-.

    Previous offer: Rs.2999/- (Hardware) + Rs.1000 (Installation) - Rs.1800 ( 6months free offer @ Rs.300 pack) = Rs.2199/-.

    So If you see Now tata sky has got Rs.300 expensive then previous offer. and fooling us and all their customer by saying that they have dropped prices.

    What do you say?????

    Sorry i am doning a comparision here between tata sky and dishtv pricing.
    Tata sky i have already given in previous post now lets see what dishtv will offer:
    Offer 1: Rs.4990/- (Hardware + installation+ 12 months free subscription) so here if we deduct subs. then its come to be Rs.4990 - 3600 (@Rs.300 pack for 12 months) = 1390 ( Include Rs.1190 for hardware and Rs.200 for installation)
    So interesting part here is if remove installation then Its Rs.1190 Vs Rs.1499/- of Tata sky

    Offer 2: Rs.3990 (H/w + installation + 6 months free subs) so here if we deduct Rs.1800 (of free subs) = Rs.2190 (Including hardware and installation) Vs Rs.2499/- of tata sky (Including h/w and installation).
    I don't think one can compare between quality of services provided by both the company. TataSky is way better than DishTV but I do agree with the fooling part!

  4. #4
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Tata has always has a history of unfriendly customer practice when it comes to service oriented business of theirs and this is no exception. their tata indicom is an excellent example of that too.

    As said by Admin, everything will become free soon!

  5. #5
    kde
    kde is offline
    Junior Member kde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xwhyz View Post
    Tata has always has a history of unfriendly customer practice when it comes to service oriented business of theirs and this is no exception. their tata indicom is an excellent example of that too.

    As said by Admin, everything will become free soon!
    And then the era of DTH will begin and end of Local Cable Operator Mafia raj!

  6. #6
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kde View Post
    I don't think one can compare between quality of services provided by both the company. TataSky is way better than DishTV ...
    I definitely challenge this statement comparing DishTV and TataSky. Why? How? In what respect?

    I have DishTV and my father-in-law and some of my neighbours have TataSky. As far as quality of transmission and signal quality is concerned, I found no visible difference. I have an eye of a serious amateur when it come to video quality. I often do video sampling and experiments at home.

    A point to be also worth noting is that I have a home theatre projector at home and I sometimes watch cricket matches by blowing the image to 102" (diagonal). I am basing my statements on this fact.

    However, both TataSky and DishTV claim that they provide digital signal at DVD quality. Only the "digital" part is correct. There is no way that the signal matches DVD quality (480p).

    When it comes to Customer Service - I cannot compare as I have no facts from TataSky. But the few times I called DishTV, I could always get through to the CSE in less that 3 minutes. Most of my queries were solved. The only queries which remained unresolved were about Neo Sports and NDTV Imagine. In one another thread I have posted list of channels not provided by both DTH operators.

    I liked the STB and user interface of TataSky (not that DishTV STB is bad). TataSky is giving better channels in terms of general entertainment whereas DishTV is giving some excellent Movie channels (many more than TS). Also DishTV's MOD is getting better with 6 channels dedicated to it.

    I am not a paid advertiser of DishTV and but I do not like to see unreasonable statements. So if someone has some factual statements and figures, please do publish them. Otherwise we will be misguiding members.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  7. #7
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    334

    Default

    That's true, i agree with you Just4kix, As far picture quality is concern we cannot find out any difference with naked eyes, as i am having 32" lcd and quality is almost same also a big advantage of dishtv is for music lover with more of music channel.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I have DISH TV for 2 years now and have absolutely no issues. I think both TATA and DISH are at par right now.

  9. #9
    Platinum Member Preeti_20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,014

    Default

    Well the plus point I see with Tata Sky is that it has the same features as the Sky package in UK, which means that Tata Sky actually allows you to set reminders, and view a 5 day future schedule of programs. I am not too sure but i dont think that Dish TV provides this service.

    On the other hand Dish Tv has some channels which Tata Sky does not provide such as some regional channels, like Alpha Punjabi or the UK radio station Punjab Radio!

    Well to relate to this thread regarding the prices of the packages from Tata Sky, it is easily seen, but then again both services Tata Sky and Dish TV are in demand and generally people dont see how cheap it is now or how cheap it was before!

  10. #10
    Gold Member gardencityboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    518

    Default

    I use Tata Sky

    I have not seen any issues with tata sky so cannot say how bad or good their service is

    but there are tons of ppl who believe that tata sky is scrap

    see the long blog called "A Conspiracy Called Tata Sky"

    This is one of the biggest and the most in detail blog on tata sky and its issues

    Orange Hues: A Conspiracy Called Tata Sky

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th March 2013, 03:21 AM
  2. Relaince fooling customers
    By saurav1987sonu in forum Reliance Broadband
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1st July 2012, 10:05 AM
  3. Slash's version of Godfather :)
    By mickey in forum Music Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th August 2011, 12:39 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th September 2010, 06:27 PM
  5. Tata Broadband: Looting customers?
    By India Broadband Internet in forum Tata Indicom broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th March 2008, 02:00 PM