Results 1 to 22 of 22

Need help in configuring Beetel 450TC1 ADSL2+ Router for Tikona broadband

  1. #1
    Junior Member Everindoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9

    Question Need help in configuring Beetel 450TC1 ADSL2+ Router for Tikona broadband

    Hi,

    I've changed my broadband connection from Airtel to Tikona (nothing to do with service...only my very small ego on customer care ) Now the new service provider is working fine with LAN cable...but I am unable to configure the same with the wifi router. When I directly plug the incoming cable to router (tried LAN1 to LAN4..my knowledge is only till there..sorry about that ) the DSL LED blinks continuously and my laptop shows all the available wifi lan other than the one I am looking for .

    Is there any way out ?

    Since this switch over was only to soothe my self, as expected the service from new partner is PATHETIC

    Cheers,

    Everindoubt
    Cheers..

  2. #2
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    If you have only one laptop, ask Tikona to give you WIFI mode.
    ( some additional charges )

    If Airtel BB was working
    with 450TCI activate. all PVC's to " dynamicIP" mode. ( see in Internet menu if available. )
    Tikona Rj45 to LAN1 another Rj45 from LAN2 to computer.
    try ( laptop )computer in lan mode. and try to connect to Internet.
    Tikona log in menu appears ?

    IF "NO GO" select and activate all PVCS in PPPoE mode and choose DynamicIP. DNS auto select.Deactivate ACL and CWMP in 450TCI.
    Test same as above.
    If successful try wifi. ( The old AirtelSSID/PW may appear and can be used )

    or see this thread to understand method being tried.
    http://www.indiabroadband.net/tikona...em-router.html

    Feedback.
    Last edited by essbebe; 11th December 2011 at 10:41 PM.

  3. #3
    tikona.services
    Guest

    Default Tikona Services

    Hi


    We are grateful that your service request was brought to our attention, Sir If you have one or more laptops Kindly call Tikona customer care for WIFI mode.
    They will educate with full details.
    Please feel free to contact us on 1-800 209 4276 to provide us any feedback regarding our service our Customer Care associate will be glad to assist you.


    Regards
    Tikona services



    Quote Originally Posted by Everindoubt View Post
    Hi,

    I've changed my broadband connection from Airtel to Tikona (nothing to do with service...only my very small ego on customer care ) Now the new service provider is working fine with LAN cable...but I am unable to configure the same with the wifi router. When I directly plug the incoming cable to router (tried LAN1 to LAN4..my knowledge is only till there..sorry about that ) the DSL LED blinks continuously and my laptop shows all the available wifi lan other than the one I am looking for .

    Is there any way out ?

    Since this switch over was only to soothe my self, as expected the service from new partner is PATHETIC

    Cheers,

    Everindoubt

  4. #4
    Junior Member Everindoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default Problem unresolved - Screenshots

    Hi,

    Thank you for the continued support.
    I tried all the possible changes as per various threads....still no luck
    Pls find attached the screenshots if that would be of any help in resolving this problem. Thanks in advance....

    Cheers...
    Cheers..

  5. #5
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    WIFI page On top access point settings Wireless channel manual channel 11.

    will wait for feedback received from Tikona services to you.
    Please update the thread.

    Last attempt:
    Select STATIC IP in all PVC's.
    say first IP is 192.168.1.1 ( *My setup: 192.168.1.2 Beetel450TCI)
    Subnet __________ from Tikona ( Ipconfig /all) ( *)255.255.255.0)
    Default gateway _________- ( from tikona ipconfig /all)(*192.168.1.1 beetel 110BXI BB)
    450TCI Internet rj11 input side out of order )

    Feedback.
    Last edited by essbebe; 14th December 2011 at 05:56 AM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Everindoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tikona.services View Post
    Hi


    We are grateful that your service request was brought to our attention, Sir If you have one or more laptops Kindly call Tikona customer care for WIFI mode.
    They will educate with full details.
    Please feel free to contact us on 1-800 209 4276 to provide us any feedback regarding our service our Customer Care associate will be glad to assist you.


    Regards
    Tikona services
    Hi, when I contacted customer care for support, I got the reply 'sorry we do not support any other wireless modem other than the ones supplied by Tikona'. I do not want any additional expense for wifi mode. My pre-condition for switching from airtel to Tikona was to use the existing wi-fi modem. I was promised moon. Now after the sales - as usual - vanished !! No support....No response. Just pathetic.
    Cheers..

  7. #7
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    OK.
    Give me some time. "jammed !"


    Ask CC option saying you want to use laptop in wifi mode.

    somebody got wifi mode for TIKONA> Check old threads in this forum.
    Feedback .

    See Private message.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Everindoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Attempted half-heartedly the last option as well.....and then I Quit it's beyond my understanding of these simple technical changes...& anyhow Tikona service is so pathetic that, I placed a request for re-connection back to known devil shamelessly of-course hopefully things will be back to normal within 4 - 5 days..Thanks for all the support.

    Cheers,

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    WIFI page On top access point settings Wireless channel manual channel 11.

    will wait for feedback received from Tikona services to you.
    Please update the thread.

    Last attempt:
    Select STATIC IP in all PVC's.
    say first IP is 192.168.1.1 ( *My setup: 192.168.1.2 Beetel450TCI)
    Subnet __________ from Tikona ( Ipconfig /all) ( *)255.255.255.0)
    Default gateway _________- ( from tikona ipconfig /all)(*192.168.1.1 beetel 110BXI BB)
    450TCI Internet rj11 input side out of order )

    Feedback.
    Cheers..

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    somebody got wifi mode for TIKONA
    Hmmm...but was it really using an ADSL2+ Modem+Router or just a wireless Router, since as I see it an ADSL Router+Modem would have at the back 4 Ethernet Ports and 1 Port for Plugging in ADSL(read RJ11) Cable. Now Tikona doesn't come with RJ11. All that it has are RJ45 Cables. I know for sure that an RJ11-RJ45 Converter WILL NOT WORK. So I am curious as to how that guy made the connection...or maybe he wasn't using an ADSL2+ Device and was using just a Router.

  10. #10
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    So I am curious as to how that guy made the connection..

    somebody got wifi mode for TIKONA> Check old threads in this forum
    Post the Firmware version of your Beetel 450TCI.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    [B]Post the Firmware version of your Beetel 450TCI.
    No. I dont have that. Planning to buy a Netgear Router this Saturday and see if it would work with Tikona WiBro. At this point in time, looking at the popular replies/problems shared by Tikona WiBro Members, I dont have much confidence that I would be able to get it working....so reading all threads.

  12. #12
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    Tikona is offering Home secured WIFI Plans. See their tariff page
    Multiple laptops can be connected ) All involve commitment for long periods.

    Tikona RJ45 connected to computer. You have to Log in to surf.
    Either use WAN port of a wifi router or LAN1 of a combined unit like 450TCI
    Dynamic IP ( if available ) has to be selected.

    Para two:
    If the OS is Windows 7, the laptop getting Tikona signals, with a WLAN card
    can work as AP Access Point for other wifi devices ( No need for wifi router)
    Application called "connectify" is used ( limited range)
    Test this with present ADSL BB or Usbmodem or Usb datacard.
    Tikona also expected to work.
    ( Seems Tikona is Locking the MAC address of a single system ).

    Para three;
    We use WI5 ( zylog) rj45 and connected to Netgear wgr614 V6.
    connect wifi mode in all laptops. One user has to log in
    Another rj45 to SMC Wifi router to extend the range
    ( First floor to Ground Floor & to me approx 40 feet away. ))

    Started with Reliance WImax in this forum. Used "MER" option in router, or
    WAN port of standalone wifi router.

    AIRTEL/BSNL/MTNL have also announced new tariff plans.
    with higher speed. No problem using multiple desktops/laptops smartphones.
    Last edited by essbebe; 21st December 2011 at 04:11 PM.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default wi5's RJ45 with BSNL teracom modem to get wifi

    hi all,
    i hav wi5 single user plan in my home. i hav a BSNL teracom modem also. how can i make use of teracom to get wifi for three laptops in my house?
    Simply explaining
    existing flow :: wi5 receiver in terrace --> POE port (adapter) --> laptop.
    my need:: receiver in terrace --> POE port --> teracon modem --> laptops(wifi)

    hi all,
    i hav wi5 single user plan in my home. i hav a BSNL teracom modem also. how can i make use of teracom to get WLAN for three laptops in my house?
    Simply explaining
    Existing flow :: wi5 receiver in terrace --> POE port (adapter) --> laptop.
    My need :: receiver in terrace --> POE port --> teracom modem (LAN1) --> laptopS(WLAN)
    this can be done by changing some settings for sure. but i don't know how. some one please help me.
    i know there is something to be changed in 192.168.1.1. come on guyz some one tell me please..
    Last edited by johni0703; 21st December 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #14
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    Option 1:
    Rj45 from Wi5 connect to LAN1 Lan2 to./laptop.
    Check Internet works as usual . Log in wi5 site.
    Check internet works

    Modem settings 192.168.1.1 id admin PW admin
    ( select bridged mode in modem/router)
    set up wifi as usual.
    Check internet works.
    https://docs.google.com/present/view...njx_14fhxf7xcf

    feedback.

    option 2 :
    Download application "connectify" and install in ;laptop with wi5 input.
    It will work as Access point for other laptops. ( Range limited )

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default Same with me..

    The guy from sales of Tikona, promised me that i can connect my beetel wifi router, but after i got my connection, the technical department is denying... I also dont want to spend anymore since i m already having beetel wifi router 450tc1.

    Tikona broadband has lied to me............... :-(

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default Please Help with Beetel 450tc1

    Hello..i am unable to open 192.168.1.1
    happens nothing when putting this ip in ie browser.
    Last edited by mnz_9482; 19th April 2012 at 03:18 PM.

  17. #17
    tikona.services
    Guest

    Default

    Hi

    we are grateful that your service request was brought to our attention and we appreciate your perseverance in settling this matter.In order to assist you better, we request you to provide the following information:
    1. User ID:-
    2. Registered contact number:-
    please feel free to contact us on 1-800 209 4276 to provide us any feedback regarding our service. Our customer care associate will be glad to assist you


    Regards
    Tikona Services

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    My User ID: 1106589772
    Plan name: ADDBB1099

    The sales person of Tikona, promised me that I can connect my beetel wifi router, but after I got my connection, the technical department is denying... I also don’t want to spend anymore since I m already having beetel wifi router 450tc1.

    Tikona broadband has lied to me.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Same here.. TIKONA BB has lied to me.. They are not keeping the promise. I am totally pissed off by TIKONA

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I am thinking of changing my broadband from Airtel to Tikona. Tikona guy gave some demo today. But I am now skeptical. I too am having doubt as I would be using in wifi mode only with multiple machines. Also I will use existing Airtel modem 450tc1. They are saying it will work. Few questions to those already using Tikona wifi.

    1) Have you been able to use Tikona from Airtel wifi router?
    2) Is the service up all times? I mean they install some antenna on the roof, do they work in bad weather conditions?
    3) I didn't like the need to login using tikona username/password. This is absurd. Will I need to login from every machine or once from one machine. Does it expire every few hours? Also If I use smart phone, do I have to login from smart phone too? Using wifi from multiple machines not an issue?

    I found their executive not very knowledgeable and bit evasive. Can some one already using can throw some light.

  21. #21
    Gold Member nevinjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pankaj Agrawal View Post
    I am thinking of changing my broadband from Airtel to Tikona. Tikona guy gave some demo today. But I am now skeptical. I too am having doubt as I would be using in wifi mode only with multiple machines. Also I will use existing Airtel modem 450tc1. They are saying it will work. Few questions to those already using Tikona wifi.

    1) Have you been able to use Tikona from Airtel wifi router?
    2) Is the service up all times? I mean they install some antenna on the roof, do they work in bad weather conditions?
    3) I didn't like the need to login using tikona username/password. This is absurd. Will I need to login from every machine or once from one machine. Does it expire every few hours? Also If I use smart phone, do I have to login from smart phone too? Using wifi from multiple machines not an issue?

    I found their executive not very knowledgeable and bit evasive. Can some one already using can throw some light.
    Are you here (IBF) for the first time? Havent you read the worst reviews from Tikona? And still you want to have Tikona? Go ahead, and realise the bitter truth later.

    For your information...
    1. Tikona doesnt support WiFi routers, other than their own "Ruckus Router", for which you need to pay a monthly sub.

    2. Their service is down most of the time, and speeds comparable to dial up.

    3. To login from multiple machines, you again need to pay for multiple login (this too with Ruckus router).

    My advice, stay away from them to save money & time!

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Thanks nevin for the info...i am definitely considering your advice. I am now not inclined to take Tikona. Looks like not worth it if using wifi and using multiple machine. Multiple login WTF!!! Why would I do that!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 4th September 2014, 12:36 AM
  2. help configuring my beetel 450tc1 adsl2+ modem for reliance
    By abhikala1 in forum Reliance Broadband
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd March 2013, 03:31 PM
  3. Using Beetel 450tc1 adsl2+ Router With Reliance Broadband
    By kumarjai in forum Reliance Broadband
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 09:11 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th November 2012, 02:22 PM
  5. Airtel Broadband / Beetel 450TC1 ADSL2+ Router issue
    By Everindoubt in forum Broadband How to
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24th August 2011, 11:23 PM