I am from Bangalore and planning to a do a bike trip to Leh-Ladakh.
We are planning to make this dream trip of during July mid - August 1st Week. Around 14 - 15 days.
We were planning to send our bikes from Bangalore to Delhi via train a few days back and then travel by plane to Delhi, pick up our bikes and start touring.
We were planning to go from Delhi to Manali and then reach Ladakh and take the Srinagar route to return to Bangalore directly or Delhi.
The Itinerary of the tour planned is something like this;
Rest Day in Delhi: One Day
Day 1: Delhi to Manali
Day 2: Stay in Manali for a day
Day 3: Manali to Keylong
Day 4: Keylong to Sarchu
Day 5: Sarchu to Leh
Day 6: Stay in Leh (Obtain Permits, Check Bikes etc)
Day 7: Leh to Pangong Tso
Day 8: Pangong Tso to Leh
Day 9: Leh to Khardung La and back to Leh
Day 10: Leh to Kargil
Day 11: Kargil to Srinagar
Day 12: Enjoy Srinagar. Sri Nagar to Bangalore (Via Flight) - If bikes can be sent from here.
Day 13: If bikes cannot be sent on Day 12 do Srinagar to Jammu. Jammu to Bangalore (via Flight) - Send bikes from Jammu to Bangalore
Is it worth adding a place, adding a day to stay or removing a place or any modifications to the Itinerary in the above plan?
Can anyone of you please let me know about the following?
1. Is hiring Bikes a better option as compared to taking our own bikes?
2. I need some advice whether there is a better alternative to transport bikes to a known address in Delhi rather than using train transport.
3. What spares to carry along with the bike? (Whether itís a self bike or rented bike)
4. Details about advanced booking/ permits etc during the trip.
5. Luggage to be carried during the trip / Other Important must things to carry? (Like Toilet paper, Hand Sanitizer etc).
6. Is there a way to send bikes from Srinagar to Bangalore?
Suggestions would be honestly appreciated since this our first bike trip.
Thanks in Advance