Thread: Uninor mobile service
- 9th January 2010 #1
Uninor mobile service
Uninor Mobile Services is the Indian chapter of the renowned Norwegian Telecom company called Telenor group. Just recently in the month of December 2009. They have announced that they are launching their mobile services in various parts of India. The fact that Uninor Mobile services have been launched in 7 Telecom circles across India makes it one of the largest one day launch in Indian Telecom Industry's history.
On 4th December, 2009 Uninor was launched in Kerala, Uttar Pradesh East, Bihar, Karnataka,Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh West and Tamil Nadu. Undoubtedly,Uninor can be counted amongst one of the top Telecom players offering wide coverage .
In order to ensure quick penetration across these 7 areas, they have started off with as many as 210000 points of sale. They have more than 1000 exclusive distributors across India offering their products alone. Not only that, they also unveiled 17 exclusive company owned flag ship stores in order to make their mark right from the beginning.
The fact the Uninor is owned by a Norwegian parent company will help it in terms of marketing and expertise. They are trying to capitalize on their strong brand name while giving it a local twist.
The brand campaign for Uninor has been done keeping in mind the young generation. Their tag line is “My time is now" or "Ab mera number ayega".
They are offering GSM facilities with call rates as low as 29 paisa per minute. In recent times, all Telecom firms seem to be cashing on low call rates in order to acquire and increase their customer base.
- By KapilS in forum Uninor MobileReplies: 4Last Post: 2nd May 2015, 02:45 PM
- By Preeti_20 in forum Uninor MobileReplies: 4Last Post: 20th April 2010, 09:43 PM
- By Edge in forum Uninor MobileReplies: 1Last Post: 12th January 2010, 05:20 PM
- By Preeti_20 in forum Uninor MobileReplies: 4Last Post: 12th January 2010, 05:19 PM
- By Preeti_20 in forum Uninor MobileReplies: 0Last Post: 23rd December 2009, 04:29 PM