Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #21
    Platinum Member
    mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackmustang View Post
    Hi,

    I have purchased a vodafone data stic couple of months back in andhra pradesh. I was told that they would be able to provide 3g speeds in a few months. However, I have now noticed that vodafone did not win the 3g spectrum auction for andhra pradesh circle. So, are they going to lease the spectrum from the other operators or are they going to continue providing me the service over a 2.5g network?

    Thanks.
    Oh thats so bad... vodafone must pay back all the cosumer's money...

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    logiccool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Oh thats so bad... vodafone must pay back all the cosumer's money...
    yes they must, they are applying same false trick in other parts of india, without rolling out 3g network they are selling these usb sticks with the name 3g USB stick and providing edge based connectivity. very shame full act in deed

  3. #23
    Platinum Member
    mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,951

    Default

    ^^yes your correct.. i have seen these ads.. but i dont use vodafone.. my mother uses it and i see no network... she is like cant change it.. dont know why..

  4. #24
    Silver Member
    ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    328

    Wink Vodaphone -Not that bad in Chennai.

    I got aboard Voda train just weeks ago when their 3G was in trial in Chennai (ofcourse free 3G in GPRS prices- no doubt !).

    I have no intention of getting post paid or port to them ever.

    Their customer service sounds ok-( have to pay to talk to CC-no free human help -only Robots if you want free customer service).

    Anyway -I want reviews by any forum members about their Data stick.(K3570)
    CC says it is capable of 21Mbps. Kindly post speedtest.

    For prepaid -Data card@ Rs 1900 + have to buy eiether Rs 549/599 GPRS package.
    ( I have no interest in any GPRS package per se. Just have to use it up in 3G trial before the offer expires)

    Iam aware they will it price 3G much higher than BSNL from April 1st (similar to Airtel/Aircel or may be higher?)

    But the network is good and not clogged like BSNL in the evenings to midnight session.
    So Iam willing to pay a slight premium to Voda 3g vs BSNL's 3G price.

    Going today to Voda store. ( Customer service SMS'd me shop address's at Parrys /Egmore/Mandeveli as we were talking.)

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    gourab639's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I'm happy with the speed of 2.5G network of Vodafone. I'm getting speed of arround 25-40 KB/s. It's KILOBYTES not KILOBITS. But when they will provide 3G in WEST BENGAL circle. :O

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    logiccool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    45

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by gourab639 View Post
    I'm happy with the speed of 2.5G network of Vodafone. I'm getting speed of arround 25-40 KB/s. It's KILOBYTES not KILOBITS. But when they will provide 3G in WEST BENGAL circle. :O
    Matter is not about how much speed you are getting on edge n/w rather why vodaphone is selling usb sticks (capable of providing speeds upto 3.6 or 7.2mbps) to customers without rolling out 3g or even if they had not brought spectrum for particular region.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    gourab639's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logiccool View Post
    Matter is not about how much speed you are getting on edge n/w rather why vodaphone is selling usb sticks (capable of providing speeds upto 3.6 or 7.2mbps) to customers without rolling out 3g or even if they had not brought spectrum for particular region.
    As I know, they can also provide 3G services where they had not bought 3G spectrum. Such as AirTel didn't buy 3G spectrum for KOLKATA circle but they are going to tie-up with other operators(those who bought 3G spectrum of KOLKATA) to bring 3G services for it's customers of KOLKATA circle.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    gourab639's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Talking

    download speed of vodaofne 2.5G network using k3570-Z ZTE modem
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #29
    Silver Member
    ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    328

    Talking

    Got Vodaphone data card 2 days back@Rs 1600 Prepaid alongwith Rs 599-1 month u/l Gprs pack .
    Software by ZTE is crap and using too much resources.

    The smart cookies in Voda are yet to activate 3G in the new sim bought along with data card. Showing "E" only even though "144" computer says 3G already activated.

    Same Place,Same Android Phone-Same APN settings-Existing other prepaid sim is doing fine with 3G and giving up to 4.5 Mbps.

    So right now using BSNL 3G sim in Voda Data card .( working continously for the last 15 hours and doing fine with the capped speed @ 1mbps )No heating.

    Have to Bye Pass Voda phone software and connect from the modem with BSNL "APN "settings. Getting blue constant (3G) -(Green means Edge)

    I will recharge Rs 98/2GB in the other preapid 3G enabled voda sim and use it in data card and post speed test.

  10. #30
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
    Got Vodaphone data card 2 days back@Rs 1600 Prepaid alongwith Rs 599-1 month u/l Gprs pack .
    Software by ZTE is crap and using too much resources.

    The smart cookies in Voda are yet to activate 3G in the new sim bought along with data card. Showing "E" only even though "144" computer says 3G already activated.

    Same Place,Same Android Phone-Same APN settings-Existing other prepaid sim is doing fine with 3G and giving up to 4.5 Mbps.

    So right now using BSNL 3G sim in Voda Data card .( working continously for the last 15 hours and doing fine with the capped speed @ 1mbps )No heating.

    Have to Bye Pass Voda phone software and connect from the modem with BSNL "APN "settings. Getting blue constant (3G) -(Green means Edge)

    I will recharge Rs 98/2GB in the other preapid 3G enabled voda sim and use it in data card and post speed test.
    this means vodafone 3g device is already unlocked (not the dialer of course)........????????

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Vodafone usb stick/mobile broadband k3570-z
    By mukeshchadda in forum Vodafone 3G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th November 2011, 12:14 PM
  2. vodafone mobile broadband K3570-z USB STICK
    By arab in forum Vodafone Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th June 2011, 03:08 PM
  3. Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G USB Stick
    By Preeti_20 in forum Vodafone 3G
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26th November 2010, 07:47 PM
  4. Vodafone Mobile Connect USB Stick
    By Preeti_20 in forum Mobile broadband
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th September 2009, 08:54 PM
  5. Vodafone Launched Data card, Mobile USB Modem and Mobile USB Stick
    By SmoothVibes in forum News from the Tech and IT World
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd August 2008, 05:35 AM

Posting Permissions

Log in

Log in
BSNL Broadband Forum Airtel Broadband Forum Reliance Broadband Forum Tikona Broadband Forum MTNL Broadband Forum Tata Broadband Forum
BSNL 3G Forum MTNL 3G Forum Idea 3G Forum Airtel 3G Forum Reliance 3G Forum Vodafone 3G Forum
Airtel Mobile Forum Reliance Mobile Forum BSNL Mobile Forum Idea Mobile Forum Vodafone Mobile Forum Aircel Mobile Forum
Tata Sky Forum Dish TV Forum Reliance DTH Forum Videocon DTH Forum Airtel DTH Forum SUN DTH Forum