Results 1 to 16 of 16

Any voip service to make FREE calls India from US

  1. #1
    rakesh308
    Guest

    Default Any voip service to make FREE calls India from US

    Hi Friends,

    Got a question, All my brothers and some relatives have broadband connection both in India and USA. Also, planning to take broadband in India for my parents and in-laws.

    Is there any freebee VoIP service?? My brother and myself use skype to communicate from US to Singapore. But my parents and in-laws don't know about computer.

    Can any one sugest me ?

  2. #2
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    voice quality on skype is the best and thats what i use to talk to my parents in delhi and they have a 64kbps connection and it works perfectly well
    if your parents dont know how to use a comp it will only take an hour or so to teach them how to use skype thats what i did give it a try it works fine

    and if this isint working for you buy a broadband phone something like vonage or something and install it at your parents so it just rings like a phone and you dont incur any charges on top of what you pay every month

    one such service i know of is stanaphone.com but the quality is not that great but does the job and you get one us number free with it no monthly subscription charge
    Last edited by Admin; 2nd March 2007 at 02:45 PM.

  3. #3
    nitin98
    Guest

    Thumbs up

    Hello Rakesh,

    Good question!!

    Few days back i too have same question. I did some research on internet and finally found one solution.

    As admin told if you know how to use computer it is better to go with skype because it is also free service. But for that you should always on your computer. Or you have to schedule for talking.

    If you don't want to use computer and always want to use phone service like our normal phone then better to go with IPVAANI. No monthly charges and voice quality is very good. It is free service and just you need to buy IPVAANI adapters.

    Initially I started using it and then i referred to my friends and reletives.
    Now my monthly charges came to $0.

    Let me know if u have any questions...

    -Nitin.
    Last edited by Admin; 2nd March 2007 at 10:31 AM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: voip service

    Hi Rakesh,

    I registered with the tringotel service, and i am using this device for couple of weeks for my family in india.the best part is they directly deliver the device in india at no extra cost and the customer service is good.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hai Nitin,

    My home town is Bangalore, Now I am in South Korea ,

    I want speak with my parents and friends daily.

    i saw your suggestion on the forum, i want more details about the IPVAANI,

    I am intrested to Buy.

    iplease send me your Relpy to the following Mail address. if it is possible





    Thanks
    Senthil Raja



    Quote Originally Posted by nitin98 View Post
    Hello Rakesh,

    Good question!!

    Few days back i too have same question. I did some research on internet and finally found one solution.

    As admin told if you know how to use computer it is better to go with skype because it is also free service. But for that you should always on your computer. Or you have to schedule for talking.

    If you don't want to use computer and always want to use phone service like our normal phone then better to go with IPVAANI. No monthly charges and voice quality is very good. It is free service and just you need to buy IPVAANI adapters.

    Initially I started using it and then i referred to my friends and reletives.
    Now my monthly charges came to $0.

    Let me know if u have any questions...

    -Nitin.
    Last edited by SmoothVibes; 10th April 2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: contact details removed

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuttysen View Post
    Hai Nitin,

    My home town is Bangalore, Now I am in South Korea ,

    I want speak with my parents and friends daily.

    i saw your suggestion on the forum, i want more details about the IPVAANI,

    I am intrested to Buy.

    iplease send me your Relpy to the following Mail address. if it is possible





    Thanks
    Senthil Raja


    Hi Senthil,

    Try to email at support@tingle.co.nz.
    They too provide IPVaani Service. visit: www.tingle.co.nz ::TINGLE:: Free worldwide peer-to-peer phone service

    I'm in New Zealand and I've bought this device with them the voice clarity is very good. I'm talking to my parents daily for free ...

    Try to communicate with them ... they are really good.

    Regards
    Rohit
    Last edited by SmoothVibes; 10th April 2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: contact details removed

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default check my tutorial for free voip calls..very useful

    i have a tutorial for making free voip calls by making use of globe7 and jajah .
    check out the tutorial in
    Last edited by Admin; 6th December 2007 at 09:08 PM.

  8. #8
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Google Talk does VOIP too. The good thing about it is that it is very easy to understand for your parents. It is a light weight application which is only 4 MB or so.

  9. #9
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    Nothing is free on this earth.. none of the voip providers offers a free service and why should they?

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    55

    Default

    for computer calling the landline, you can use voipbuster.
    for free version, your call only last for 5-6 minutes. so you need to dial again.
    some delay experienced during conversation. it's normal

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Have you checked out Reliance GlobalCall? They seem to be offering the lowest call rates to India from the U.S at around 3.5 cents/min, with an addon of upto 2300 mins free talktime as part of their Holi and Eid package

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Skype is a good service to use, the best thing is that its cheap and calling on landlines is always cheaper than mobiles. So whenever wanting to call use landline numbers instead of mobile numbers.

  13. #13
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Hi, you can check out this blog that updates the news daily. i always keep an eye on this blog. "talkfree7 . blogspot . com" Sorry links are not allowed here so i have given spaces in between the words.

  14. #14
    Sarah
    Guest

    Default Unlimited VOIP to India + 59 more countries

    Hi, I have a VOIP provider that provides unlimited calls to USA, India (landline + mobile) and a lot of other countries. Here is the list. The monthly fee is nominal. Voice quality is great. No issues till now.
    Andorra
    Argentina
    Australia
    Austria
    Bahamas*
    Bahrain
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Brunei*
    Bulgaria
    Canada*
    Chile
    China*
    Colombia
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Dominican Republic
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Georgia
    Germany
    Greece
    Guadeloupe
    Guam*
    Hong Kong*
    Hungary
    Iceland
    India*
    Iraq
    Ireland
    Israel
    Italy
    Japan
    Jordan
    Kenya
    Latvia
    Luxembourg
    Macedonia, Republic of
    Macau*
    Malaysia*
    Malta
    Mexico
    Monaco
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Peru
    Poland
    Portugal
    Puerto Rico*
    Romania
    Russia
    Saipan*
    San Marino*
    Singapore*
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    South Africa
    South Korea
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Taiwan
    Thailand*
    Turkey
    United Kingdom
    United States*
    U.S. Virgin Islands*
    Venezuela
    Zambia
    *calls to cellular included

    I can get 2 months free service if I refer someone and that person will also get free service.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default I am looking for the lowest fare to call US, UK and UAE from India

    I am looking for the lowest fare to call US, UK and UAE from India

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Hi, I have a VOIP provider that provides unlimited calls to USA, India (landline + mobile) and a lot of other countries. Here is the list. The monthly fee is nominal. Voice quality is great. No issues till now.
    Andorra
    Argentina
    Australia
    Austria
    Bahamas*
    Bahrain
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Brunei*
    Bulgaria
    Canada*
    Chile
    China*
    Colombia
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Dominican Republic
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Georgia
    Germany
    Greece
    Guadeloupe
    Guam*
    Hong Kong*
    Hungary
    Iceland
    India*
    Iraq
    Ireland
    Israel
    Italy
    Japan
    Jordan
    Kenya
    Latvia
    Luxembourg
    Macedonia, Republic of
    Macau*
    Malaysia*
    Malta
    Mexico
    Monaco
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Peru
    Poland
    Portugal
    Puerto Rico*
    Romania
    Russia
    Saipan*
    San Marino*
    Singapore*
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    South Africa
    South Korea
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Taiwan
    Thailand*
    Turkey
    United Kingdom
    United States*
    U.S. Virgin Islands*
    Venezuela
    Zambia
    *calls to cellular included

    I can get 2 months free service if I refer someone and that person will also get free service.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I am pretty sure you are talking about Lingo or similar service ?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th February 2012, 01:17 PM
  2. Adphone The Best Option To Make Free VoIP Calls
    By Alok Saharia in forum Voice over IP
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th February 2012, 10:17 AM
  3. Free voip calls within india?
    By anurag840 in forum Voice over IP
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th October 2011, 06:32 PM
  4. How to make free calls to India?
    By Transformer in forum Voice over IP
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th January 2010, 07:59 PM
  5. VOIP to make calls to India
    By Edge in forum Voice over IP
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2nd January 2010, 07:34 PM