Thread: How to boot from pen drive?
- 25th May 2009 #1
How to boot from pen drive?
hi friends, i would like to know how to boot from pen drive forr installing an OS.. i mean as per a bootable cd or dvd is there.. when we reboot.. we can boot the cd.. by pressing any key ... (when we get display message " press any key to boot from cd/dvd" ) is that same thing possible from pen drive?
I tried to change in BIOS setting.. changing boot configuration from cd drive to usb .. but it dint worked.. is there any possible way for it?
- 25th May 2009 #2kirankumargbGuest
- 25th May 2009 #3newprouserGuest
Win XP setup will not run properly from USB, however you can easily run Vista or Win 7 setup from USB using the procedure below
Usually u have to set the USB to be bootable from BIOS.
I generally use F8 which bring up a menu from which I can use which device to boot from ie HDD or CD or USB (I hav Intel Mobo) .
- 25th May 2009 #4
now y is tht so np.. y not xp?? u always have something hatke!!! answers..
- 25th May 2009 #5newprouserGuest
Let's just say, it is so by "design". If all you have is a single partition , that is , your HDD has only C:\ drive and no other partition , then it can work. Still the process is tedious.
- 25th May 2009 #6
hm ok ... i will try out ur n KK method of booting from pen drive. thanks all of u ppl..
- 26th October 2009 #7
hi guys..i wanna install now xp on my pc... i have already win 7. cant i simply run the set up from hard drive?? i want to keep win 7. i wanna install xp in seperate partition so tht i can have dual boot.. but when i run the setup.. installation tab is not highlighter.. what should i do?? i m not able to figure out tht stuff of booting from pen drive...
i m still wondering.. i mean i use to install win 7 just by running the set up over existing os.. if i dont wanna format the hdd or repartition.. but this xp is not getting done..
- 26th November 2009 #8
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- 5th December 2009 #9birenderGuest
- 23rd December 2009 #10
tell me how to boot xp from pen drive???
my cousin needs it seriously.
- By vitrag24 in forum WindowsReplies: 5Last Post: 3rd February 2010, 11:01 PM
- By mannuforall in forum WindowsReplies: 0Last Post: 6th January 2010, 07:54 PM
- By uncleji in forum Desktop ComputerReplies: 11Last Post: 5th November 2009, 10:32 PM
- By Outlander in forum Desktop ComputerReplies: 8Last Post: 2nd October 2009, 11:42 AM
- By thats_me in forum WindowsReplies: 4Last Post: 28th November 2008, 06:18 PM