- 21st January 2013 #1
How to remove MY WEB SEARCH from firefox
how to remove MY WEB SEARCH engine from firefox in window 7. when i open firefox this search appears in place of google i want to open firefox with google
- 17th June 2013 #2
Go to addons and disable and remove the myweb search addon. You must have accepted to download it with some other product without realizing that it would take over your default search preferences.
- 17th June 2013 #3
"My Web Search" is a malware that is very difficult to remove. I had got it on my home desktop (used mostly by my son). It was very sticky. The only way I could remove it was by going to an earlier system restore point. Perhaps I was not patient enough to try other methods. My son reported it as soon as it latched on. So system restore seemed to be a very easy option.
If possible try this option (system restore).
- 17th June 2013 #4
Uninstall the My Web Search toolbar from the system. Search registry for any remaining entries. Go to options and in the General tab change the homepage address. You might also want to change the search option by clicking on it and selecting google.
- 17th June 2013 #5
This tool bar is some times bundled with other useful software that we download and the option to install this tool bar is ticked by default so we have to un check it if its there already. Always check all the default options while downloading or installing any software. This toolbar business is "extremely profitable" and the amount of money these people are ready to pay per install is insane. I receive offers from time to time to get our members to install a tool bar (not my web search) and get paid $$ for every install regardless of them keeping it there after or not. Its a very iffy business and a very annoying one for internet users.
- By zoooni in forum Software News, Previews and ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 12th February 2010, 08:20 PM
- By sujithsukrutham in forum Suggestions and ComplaintsReplies: 25Last Post: 20th August 2009, 01:43 PM
- By imrock in forum WindowsReplies: 4Last Post: 10th October 2008, 07:03 PM
- By Rameshjeee in forum Computer hardware and software tips and tricksReplies: 4Last Post: 18th September 2008, 05:04 PM
- By Admin in forum News from the Tech and IT WorldReplies: 0Last Post: 8th December 2006, 08:14 PM