Results 1 to 27 of 27
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By nevinjohn
  • 1 Post By nevinjohn

Connecting Samsung smart TV to internet

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default Connecting Samsung smart TV to internet

    I recently bought samsung smart TV,so i am just connecting my internet to the TV(wired connection) when i am connecting it says unable to connect to internet please check your ip settings.But my internet is working fine and i can connect it to my laptop.The thing i have checked is my deafault gateway is 0.0.0.0 will this have any impact?Plz help me.

    I can get my Ip address and subnet mask but not mydefault gateway.


    Windows IP Configuration


    PPP adapter Broadband Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 123.201.64.187
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0


    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.236.236
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

  2. #2
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    You need exactly the same settings in your TV as you have in your laptop or your computer to be able to connect. I understand You broadband is a cable connection and you may also need to find out if they do mac binding and if they do you would also need to get your TV's mac address registered.

  3. #3
    Junior Member OneManArmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Are you using a router or straight from the cable modem?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Chandu what would you do after connecting? watch netflix? It is not for us Indians. We do not have any services that you may want to use unless you have a fiber to home connection and the money to spend on the bandwidth.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneManArmy View Post
    Are you using a router or straight from the cable modem?
    I am directly connecting to cable modem not to a router.

  6. #6
    Gold Member nevinjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    645

    Default

    In the TV settings, you probably have an option to "Assign address by DHCP". Turn this feature on, and it will work. Dont break your head researching into gateways and ips! DHCP will do all those for you!

    Else, get the proper gateway, by going into the command prompt of windows, type "ipconfig". Note down the gateway address and use the same in TV, it will work.

    Cheers!
    Nevin.
    Admin, OneManArmy and Transformer like this.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    You need exactly the same settings in your TV as you have in your laptop or your computer to be able to connect. I understand You broadband is a cable connection and you may also need to find out if they do mac binding and if they do you would also need to get your TV's mac address registered.
    Yeah i am getting MAC address while i am connecting to TV,should i register it with my ISP people??

    But why i am getting my default gateway as 0.0.0.0 ?? I am using YOU broadband.

  8. #8
    Junior Member OneManArmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Has your ISP supplied with an IP address and default gateway to enter into your computer? If they have then thats what you need to enter into your TV aswell. Lets first try connecting before you get them to register your mac. They may not be doing mac binding.

  9. #9
    Bronze Member Transformer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Use DHCP as advised by nevinjohn if your ISP does not provide you with an IP and default gateway.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    My question still stands : What would you do with internet on TV?

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nevinjohn View Post
    In the TV settings, you probably have an option to "Assign address by DHCP". Turn this feature on, and it will work. Dont break your head researching into gateways and ips! DHCP will do all those for you!

    Else, get the proper gateway, by going into the command prompt of windows, type "ipconfig". Note down the gateway address and use the same in TV, it will work.

    Cheers!
    Nevin.
    I dint find any kind of option like that As you can see my default gateway is 0.0.0.0 so its not working in TV.

  12. #12
    Gold Member nevinjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
    My question still stands : What would you do with internet on TV?
    Welcome to the world of Smart TV's! ! ! Skype, Youtube, ....the list is ON!

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
    My question still stands : What would you do with internet on TV?
    To browse the net and watch youtube.

  14. #14
    Gold Member nevinjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chandu123 View Post
    I dint find any kind of option like that As you can see my default gateway is 0.0.0.0 so its not working in TV.
    In that case, get the gateway like I mentioned from Windows. That will do the trick, but I'm very sure that DHCP feature is there for any networking device. Have a proper look at the instuction manual you received, you will find it in there! .
    Admin likes this.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nevinjohn View Post
    In that case, get the gateway like I mentioned from Windows. That will do the trick, but I'm very sure that DHCP feature is there for any networking device. Have a proper look at the instuction manual you received, you will find it in there! .
    This is what i got for ipconfig

    Windows IP Configuration


    PPP adapter Broadband Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 123.201.64.187
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0


    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.236.236
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

    But my question why my default gateway is 0.0.0.0 it should other than this right?

  16. #16
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    @Chandu it is not possible. You have an option to enable DHCP on your TV somewhere. You just havent discovered it yet. Find it Check out the manual.

  17. #17
    Bronze Member Tanmaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    231

    Default

    You have an option to set it up manually or using DHCP. Press the exit button for a few seconds till it prompts you to reset everything and accept it. Start over again and I am sure you will see the DHCPS option some where this time.

    I am not very good at this but I remember my dad setting up our TV last year. Ours is also a Samsung.

  18. #18
    Gold Member VooDooGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    731

    Default

    I have a samsung tv with internet setup with it but I never use it but the settings are all there. Is there a way to find out what setting are there so I can post them here? I have no idea how to get them because the guy who came to install the TV set the internet too and it took him no more then 10 mins.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanmaya View Post
    You have an option to set it up manually or using DHCP. Press the exit button for a few seconds till it prompts you to reset everything and accept it. Start over again and I am sure you will see the DHCPS option some where this time.

    I am not very good at this but I remember my dad setting up our TV last year. Ours is also a Samsung.
    I am getting two option like getting ip setting automatically or i have to enter those manually,but i dint DHCP option :\ Which exit button?

  20. #20
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    Bingo

    Thats what we need. That getting IP settings automatically is what we all are calling DHCP. Choose that and try your connection. I have no idea about the exit button.

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Bingo

    Thats what we need. That getting IP settings automatically is what we all are calling DHCP. Choose that and try your connection. I have no idea about the exit button.
    It says Wired network connection failed

    IP auto setting failed.Try the following to set up the IP automatically or set up the IP manually. :\

    I think i have to register TV's mac address with my ISP as when it failed it is showing MAC Address as 1c:5a:3e:bd:e7:d7

  22. #22
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    If your ISP requires mac address registration then give them a call but make sure they dont remove your other computers mac address because if they work like sify which only lets you register two mac addresses then they would remove one of the old ones and enter your TV's mac address.

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    If your ISP requires mac address registration then give them a call but make sure they dont remove your other computers mac address because if they work like sify which only lets you register two mac addresses then they would remove one of the old ones and enter your TV's mac address.
    Yeah even i have faced that problem earlier and they require mac address registration if we are using a new router.I think i have to call them and register my tv mac, but my tv is not acting as a router so why should i register? :O

  24. #24
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,510

    Default

    They require registering anything with a mac address. Your tv has a network card and it has a mac address. It wont connect unless you get your ISP to register it with them.

  25. #25
    Gold Member nevinjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chandu123 View Post
    This is what i got for ipconfig

    Windows IP Configuration


    PPP adapter Broadband Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 123.201.64.187
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0


    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.236.236
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

    But my question why my default gateway is 0.0.0.0 it should other than this right?
    Yes, you are right! It shouldn't be zeros! Can you check in Windows interface? Rt clicl LAN properties and see that also indicates 0.0.0.0??? If that too indiactes 0.
    0.0.0, there is something your ISP has done. Do you use a router, or connect directly?

  26. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    They require registering anything with a mac address. Your tv has a network card and it has a mac address. It wont connect unless you get your ISP to register it with them.
    yeah will register my address and update you,hope it works

  27. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nevinjohn View Post
    Yes, you are right! It shouldn't be zeros! Can you check in Windows interface? Rt clicl LAN properties and see that also indicates 0.0.0.0??? If that too indiactes 0.
    0.0.0, there is something your ISP has done. Do you use a router, or connect directly?
    The default gateway is empty even there are no 0.0.0.0,i dnt know whats wrong with this

    I will connect directly from modem to laptop,no router.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th July 2013, 02:35 AM
  2. Unable to connect samsung Ua46es6800 to internet
    By Noel Jose in forum Broadband Internet Service Providers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th July 2012, 12:37 PM
  3. Ipad2 and Samsung galaxy connect to wifi but not to internet
    By vijayraj_kamat in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29th September 2011, 04:33 PM
  4. Samsung GT-6625 sync with PC for internet
    By ygdrasil24 in forum Bsnl 3g
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd April 2010, 07:02 PM
  5. Yahoo! and samsung takes internet to tv
    By vineethpv in forum News from the Tech and IT World
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th February 2009, 10:54 AM