Results 1 to 26 of 26
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mahendersingh
  • 1 Post By bowledout
  • 1 Post By mahendersingh
  • 1 Post By meetdilip
  • 1 Post By talk2rp

BSNL EVDO in KOLKATA (Kestopur area)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default BSNL EVDO in KOLKATA (Kestopur area)

    I live in Kestopur or Krishnapur of Kolkata and want a new wireless broadband connection. Thinking of BSNL Evdo....experts please help me choose the connection.I want unlimited usage at average cost...Which connection would suit the most in my area..I stay in ground floor...When I used mts mblaze 999/- plan they reduced the speed very quickly...I want to know if I can get full signal strength in BSNL Evdo as i got full tower in MTS...and if the speed would help me for downloading...PLEASE help needed..quick


    Thanks to India Broadband forum and all members in advance.

  2. #2
    Bronze Member ramitzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    216

    Default

    checkout with your nearest exchange.

  3. #3
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowledout View Post
    I live in Kestopur or Krishnapur of Kolkata and want a new wireless broadband connection. Thinking of BSNL Evdo....experts please help me choose the connection.I want unlimited usage at average cost...Which connection would suit the most in my area..I stay in ground floor...When I used mts mblaze 999/- plan they reduced the speed very quickly...I want to know if I can get full signal strength in BSNL Evdo as i got full tower in MTS...and if the speed would help me for downloading...PLEASE help needed..quick


    Thanks to India Broadband forum and all members in advance.
    it all depends in how congested area you are living and how far is evdo tower is from your house.
    since i'm living in very open area not many construction, farm house type and tower is about 976metre from my house. i'm getting full signal. i'm on first floor.
    so if your area is not much congested and if congested tower is less than 600m. at your house, then you can think about getting full signal.
    meanwhile it all depends on your luck and load on a perticular evdo tower.
    hope it helps. BSNL is not providing any demo, so have so relay on luck. i was very much afraid about signal as its 976 metre far from me but i took chance and here's result, i'm having full signals. just waiting to for sim to be activated.
    i brought modem and sim yesterday.
    bowledout likes this.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    thanks for reply bt how if full signals are found then what may be the download speed....if your sim gets activated then please reply what is the speed...no pics or images needed
    mahendersingh likes this.

  5. #5
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowledout View Post
    thanks for reply bt how if full signals are found then what may be the download speed....if your sim gets activated then please reply what is the speed...no pics or images needed
    my sim got activated but not happy with speed.
    i got it recharged with 800 in bsnl exchange. evdo tower was just 20 metre away from me that time. so i was getting full signal, thought to try it right there. so i started downloading there a song. it gave me speed of just 20 to 30 kbps..
    bsnl people of that exchange were helpful but no one having technical information so they raised their hands.
    i came to me home. here signals were 4 bars. and i start downloaded and was getting around 60 to 150 kBps.
    and in cdma 1x mode its giving good speed constant 30 KBps but in evdo its floating between 10 to 100 kBps. and even no data flow sometime. not constant.. god..? have i wasted my 2000 rs?

    please if anyone help me with speed? i'm getting RSSI: -79dmb

  6. #6
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    here's speed test.2290121872.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahendersingh View Post
    my sim got activated but not happy with speed.
    i got it recharged with 800 in bsnl exchange. evdo tower was just 20 metre away from me that time. so i was getting full signal, thought to try it right there. so i started downloading there a song. it gave me speed of just 20 to 30 kbps..
    bsnl people of that exchange were helpful but no one having technical information so they raised their hands.
    i came to me home. here signals were 4 bars. and i start downloaded and was getting around 60 to 150 kBps.
    and in cdma 1x mode its giving good speed constant 30 KBps but in evdo its floating between 10 to 100 kBps. and even no data flow sometime. not constant.. god..? have i wasted my 2000 rs?

    please if anyone help me with speed? i'm getting RSSI: -79dmb
    Use a good USB extension cable 1 and half meter and put the EVDO data card out side of window.

  8. #8
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    sumit bro, i already put my whole system to window.. lol.. cpu is just touching window. and i'm getting 4 signal bars. and now speed is even getting worse. see this.
    2290131519.png

    2290131519.png
    sumitbaran likes this.

  9. #9
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahendersingh View Post
    sumit bro, i already put my whole system to window.. lol.. cpu is just touching window. and i'm getting 4 signal bars. and now speed is even getting worse. see this.
    2290131519.png
    Use "Internet Download Manager" for download. So you will get good speed.

  10. #10
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahendersingh View Post
    sumit bro, i already put my whole system to window.. lol.. cpu is just touching window. and i'm getting 4 signal bars. and now speed is even getting worse. see this.
    2290131519.png

    2290131519.png
    Which modem you are using? Prithivi or ZTE?

  11. #11
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Angry

    lol.. already using it... hahaha.. speed @ 5 kBps now. in evdo mode.. sucks..!!

  12. #12
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sumitbaran View Post
    Which modem you are using? Prithivi or ZTE?

    prithvi 3.1 wala..

  13. #13
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    i have logged a complaint also regarding this on custumer portal, hope i'll get any call from them ..

    Untitled.jpg
    http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/11347069.png

  14. #14
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahendersingh View Post
    i have logged a complaint also regarding this on custumer portal, hope i'll get any call from them ..

    Untitled.jpg
    http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/11347069.png
    But I am getting very good speed with IDM
    EVDO.jpg

  15. #15
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahendersingh View Post
    lol.. already using it... hahaha.. speed @ 5 kBps now. in evdo mode.. sucks..!!
    Ubuntu downloading speed by IDM
    EVDO.jpg

  16. #16
    The Wizard meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,776

    Default

    It is not just because IDM. Ubuntu has the best of the servers. From where you download matters.
    sumitbaran likes this.

  17. #17
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    then what's wrong with me?
    its just working like aircel gprs. and that too after paying rs. 1800 in just one day!
    signals are good at my place. just same as sumit having. but i'm getting only 5 to 10 kb. please someone help if u can

  18. #18
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    from where r u?which city?

  19. #19
    Junior Member mahendersingh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    here's all this.


    and this one is of morning at 5 am. its just same every time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mahendersingh; 7th November 2012 at 03:48 AM.

  20. #20
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahendersingh View Post
    from where r u?which city?
    I am from Kolkata.

  21. #21
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahendersingh View Post
    lol.. already using it... hahaha.. speed @ 5 kBps now. in evdo mode.. sucks..!!
    lol, that's the speed you have to live with now. Keep complaining in their site or at CSC, you complaint status will remain pending forever.
    sumitbaran likes this.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I have found out that i am having an EVDO tower at 300-500m and one about 2km frm my areaa....should i buy bsnl evdo @Sumit...please reply...myself in kolkata nd in kestopur

  23. #23
    The Wizard meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,776

    Default

    @ bowledout

    Pay Rs. 1,500 and take the modem for demo. If it gives good speeds, buy EvDO.

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I went to get the demo but they say the demo cant be offered as it used to be the part of their selling earlier not nowadays...they directly sell the data card of EVDO...should I buy it

  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I found out poor BTS in kesropur...so cancelled EVDO permanently..now enjoying High Speed LAN Broadband service ...

  26. #26
    Bronze Member ramitzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowledout View Post
    I found out poor BTS in kesropur...so cancelled EVDO permanently..now enjoying High Speed LAN Broadband service ...
    High speed LAN Broadband service - are you using Reliance broadband over Metro Ethernet ?

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody using BSNL EVDO in Nashik Area.
    By SachinDx in forum Bsnl EVDO
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17th March 2016, 07:32 PM
  2. BSNL EVDO in Kolkata (Purbaloke area)
    By qwerty in forum Bsnl EVDO
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24th June 2014, 02:31 PM
  3. Bsnl evdo coverage near birati area?????
    By riju1212 in forum Bsnl EVDO
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th May 2013, 09:05 PM
  4. Bsnl evdo kolkata area-wise coverage details
    By $h@d0w in forum Bsnl EVDO
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th May 2013, 12:29 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29th August 2012, 07:14 PM