Results 1 to 60 of 60

Harmful eclipse

  1. #1
    Silver Member NrN Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    337

    Thumbs up Harmful eclipse

    Is eclipse really harmful...? if 'yes', HOW? Y is there even a controversy 4 this..!!! Its just 2 heavenly bodies and sun shadowing and blocking each other....

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    the snake swallows the sun or moon and the later spits it out.
    it is not safe at that time because the snake might bite you.

  3. #3
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    :lol: :lol:

  4. #4
    18lama
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farce View Post
    the snake swallows the sun or moon and the later spits it out.
    it is not safe at that time because the snake might bite you.
    haha...best reply ever!!

  5. #5
    Silver Member NrN Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    337

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by farce View Post
    the snake swallows the sun or moon and the later spits it out.
    it is not safe at that time because the snake might bite you.
    Hmmmm well said :clap:
    Ok now. Can you be a little more logical please

  6. #6
    Pri_dm
    Guest

    Default

    farce is it some old wives tale?

  7. #7
    Swifty
    Guest

    Default

    :lol::lol:

  8. #8
    rupu1983
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NARENkill View Post
    Is eclipse really harmful...? if 'yes', HOW? Y is there even a controversy 4 this..!!! Its just 2 heavenly bodies and sun shadowing and blocking each other....
    Look it has little effect in atmosphere but science did not find much effect on human body.But I think I can say if you watch eclipse in your naked eye then diamond ring (in case of solar eclipse) can affect in your eye.

    Just look shifty's eye he did that :tt2:

  9. #9
    Silver Member NrN Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rupu1983 View Post
    look it has little effect in atmosphere but science did not find much effect on human body.but i think i can say if you watch eclipse in your naked eye then diamond ring (in case of solar eclipse) can affect in your eye.

    just look shifty's eye he did that :tt2:
    lol

  10. #10
    Dragon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farce View Post
    the snake swallows the sun or moon and the later spits it out. it is not safe at that time because the snake might bite you.
    Do you search online "best answers ever"??

    I bet you not.

  11. #11
    Platinum Member strider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    hahaha!
    Munni badnaam hui, darling tere liye
    Le zandu balm hui, darling tere liye

  12. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    man, even if I say serious stuff, people are laughing



    Quote Originally Posted by Pri_dm View Post
    farce is it some old wives tale?
    well, it is mythology ;-) mostly written by old men so not an
    old wives tale.


    Quote Originally Posted by NARENkill View Post
    Hmmmm well said :clap:
    Ok now. Can you be a little more logical please
    Of course, I'll explain logically. There are two lunar nodes in the
    celestial sphere, the ascending and the descending lunar nodes.
    eclipses happen when the moon is in one of these lunar nodes.
    the belief is that there is a snake in these lunar nodes and the
    moon or sun gets swallowed by this and then come out again.
    This story has been in our culture for thousands of years.

    These two lunar nodes are called Rahu and Ketu.

    -F

    check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_node
    Last edited by Punch Farce; 6th August 2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #13
    Platinum Member panchabhut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farce View Post
    the snake swallows the sun or moon and the later spits it out.
    it is not safe at that time because the snake might bite you.
    :lol: :lol: is this part of the mythology too????? (The first part is, I agree )
    Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Consciousness.

  14. #14
    De WatEvaa SweetHeart aashaka_gandhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,015

    Default

    i guess i remember my mom telling me tht when she was young thy used to clean n wash the whole house n had to bathe after the eclipse....but i wonder y is it considered BAD?
    Dont count wat u lost, cherish wat u ve & plan wat to gain...coz past neva returns but future may return the lost! Think-Decide-Act!!!!

  15. #15
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aashaka_gandhi View Post
    i guess i remember my mom telling me tht when she was young thy used to clean n wash the whole house n had to bathe after the eclipse....but i wonder y is it considered BAD?

    i clean my bedroom...
    job takes the child away.

  16. #16
    18lama
    Guest

    Default

    ^ cleaning is not enough, you need to wash it.

  17. #17
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    I do whatever I do. What do I meant by this?

    Is avtar pic your girlfriend lama(DTIS)?
    Last edited by Luke Skywalker; 7th August 2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #18
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    i clean bedroom because i clean eeveryday lama:-)
    job takes the child away.

  19. #19
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Why only on eclipse time?

  20. #20
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Lord i clean it everyday
    job takes the child away.

  21. #21
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Lord i clean it everyday
    I am not going to ask why

  22. #22
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aashaka_gandhi View Post
    i guess i remember my mom telling me tht when she was young thy used to clean n wash the whole house n had to bathe after the eclipse....but i wonder y is it considered BAD?
    yes, we do all that. and all other usual stuff - no eating during eclipse. some kind of grass in kept in all food stuff , ie cooked food, grains etc etc.

  23. #23
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Yeah , I have to use the force to manipulate snake to spit out sun (DTIS).

    PS: My family also engage in some activity.

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    from olden days till now also we follow this. during that period time ladies should not come out the house and food they choose is like no oil and eat only fruits.
    and they should not have any activities also simple sit r sleep

  25. #25
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    No logic in that. But my family also follow that.

  26. #26
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    No logic in that. But my family also follow that.
    there could be some logic that we don't know about.

    -F

  27. #27
    De WatEvaa SweetHeart aashaka_gandhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,015

    Default

    huh?
    Dont count wat u lost, cherish wat u ve & plan wat to gain...coz past neva returns but future may return the lost! Think-Decide-Act!!!!

  28. #28
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    ok guys on change to christianity or islam if you dont want to be that blind
    job takes the child away.

  29. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    pregant ladies there many issue and many sentiment should follow during that smal period of time.

  30. #30
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    ok guys on change to christianity or islam if you dont want to be that blind

    Mickey bringing up islam again -> join Luke Skywalker

    -F

    Quote Originally Posted by aashaka_gandhi View Post
    huh?
    was that a reply to my post?

    -F
    Last edited by Punch Farce; 7th August 2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  31. #31
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    i am not bringing up Islam...
    job takes the child away.

  32. #32
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    i am not bringing up Islam...

    you wrote this:

    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    ok guys on change to christianity or islam if you dont want to be that blind

    -F

  33. #33
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    i changed my party and went into congress
    and we are seculars..
    job takes the child away.

  34. #34
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    90% of the time i don't understand his posts.......... the rest of the 10% i don't even read ;-)

  35. #35
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newprouser View Post
    90% of the time i don't understand his posts.......... the rest of the 10% i don't even read ;-)
    I hope you are talking about mickey and not me

    -F

  36. #36
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    ^^ you are like a boy who told his mother i failed cause i didnt understand some 40% questions, 20% i didnt knew and rest 40% were wrong
    job takes the child away.

  37. #37
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farce View Post
    I hope you are talking about mickey and not me

    -F
    I guess that much will be obvious to everyone ;-)

  38. #38
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newprouser View Post
    I guess that much will be obvious to everyone ;-)
    spam boss farce didnt understand...
    job takes the child away.

  39. #39
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newprouser View Post
    90% of the time i don't understand his posts.......... the rest of the 10% i don't even read ;-)
    lol :lol:
    repo pending for you mate

  40. #40
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    thanks vibes

  41. #41
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    I follow Logic only.

  42. #42
    Platinum Member panchabhut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    OK. hope you don't follow LOGIK
    Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Consciousness.

  43. #43
    18lama
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panchabhut View Post
    OK. hope you don't follow LOGIK
    :lol:...may be he stalks logik.

  44. #44
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Yeah, I am irrational. Never have been any point of mine have logic or rationality.

  45. #45
    18lama
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newprouser View Post
    90% of the time i don't understand his posts.......... the rest of the 10% i don't even read ;-)
    Kindly send me a reminder in a few days.

  46. #46
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    lolz, no problem, i was wondering if i was the only one, seems like i have a lot of company ;-)

  47. #47
    18lama
    Guest

    Default

    Oh...ok.

    I have local settings enabled but the ispy is the real b1tch.

  48. #48
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panchabhut View Post
    OK. hope you don't follow LOGIK
    :lol:

    Quote Originally Posted by 18lama View Post
    Oh...ok.

    I have local settings enabled but the ispy is the real b1tch.
    ummmm yea, we can't have everything in the world
    Last edited by newprouser; 7th August 2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  49. #49
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    i am not bringing up Islam...
    Earlier you have wriiten:
    ok guys on change to christianity or islam if you dont want to be that blind See the post by Farce 32
    You have earlier written Islam & Christianity. Perhaps because I have chosen my email id after a Jewish Prophet. I read the old testament & like that prophet very much. Perhaps you wants to bring Islam because I have defended it. I have also defended Christianity( I asked a person to remove a objectional image on Jesus, admin did it , i defended it when on Teresa there was a joke). I also have asked to edit a joke on Sikh. I have my id after a SW character. Jedism is also a religion( according to some among top 7). In fact I defend all religions . But I agree with you that all religion have illogical things.
    So what does it convey on my identity?
    Which culture I follow ? Eastern , Western, SW or Hacker subculture?
    What religion I follow? Islam , Christianity , Hinduism( 82.73% people are Hindu in India according to previous so that's a good probability) , Jainism ,Sikism ,Jewism or Jedism or scientology or I am as Atheist or an Anatagonist or others. I have a habit of defending all religions but I also criticised their illogical things. We can't have discussion which are illogical things in religions. Its against forum etiquettes. My family also had & still have some illogical things against which I am.

  50. #50
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    I think post is invisible.

  51. #51
    Silver Member NrN Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    337

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by 18lama View Post
    Kindly send me a reminder in a few days.
    This post always shows as unread/new post, even though there is no new posts!! Why!!?

  52. #52
    kirankumargb
    Guest

    Default

    @NP, Now by reading mickey's posts I understood, why you dont understand them.

  53. #53
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kirankumargb View Post
    @NP, Now by reading mickey's posts I understood, why you dont understand them.
    ;-) ;-) :lol: :lol:

  54. #54
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    not being able to understand him is what makes him so interesting.
    I am a big fan of mickey. I think we should have this for the IBB t-shirt.

    -F


  55. #55
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    ok. what about shirt for guyz ?

  56. #56
    Pri_dm
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kirankumargb View Post
    @NP, Now by reading mickey's posts I understood, why you dont understand them.
    Well Doc even I don't understand him so avoid to comment on most of his posts :-| count me in with new chottu papppa

  57. #57
    kirankumargb
    Guest

    Default

    hey now i remember once upon a time there lived a mod oh sorry he still lives , called smoothie who told we would be getting t-shirts soon, from that day i stopped buying t-shirt and today i am on verge of walking without a t-shirt

  58. #58
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newprouser View Post
    ok. what about shirt for guyz ?
    http://www.zazzle.com/i_love_mickey_...04665066838500

  59. #59
    Pri_dm
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kirankumargb View Post
    hey now i remember once upon a time there lived a mod oh sorry he still lives , called smoothie who told we would be getting t-shirts soon, from that day i stopped buying t-shirt and today i am on verge of walking without a t-shirt
    So you did not get it yet?

  60. #60
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kirankumargb View Post
    hey now i remember once upon a time there lived a mod oh sorry he still lives , called smoothie who told we would be getting t-shirts soon, from that day i stopped buying t-shirt and today i am on verge of walking without a t-shirt
    as told by madz :-P

    Quote Originally Posted by Punch Farce View Post
    Damn, i expected better !

    Sth like 'I love Swati/Roopali' :tt2:

Similar Threads

  1. Maggie can be harmful to eat
    By Preeti_20 in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 9th October 2014, 10:14 PM
  2. Google's eclipse..
    By mickey in forum General offtopic discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18th June 2011, 11:03 AM
  3. Solar eclipse on January 15 2010
    By zoooni in forum News discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th January 2010, 05:24 PM
  4. Solar eclipse tomorrow - what will happen
    By Punch Farce in forum General offtopic discussions
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 24th July 2009, 05:40 PM
  5. First Lunar Eclipse Of The Year 2009 today !!
    By cool_techie_tvm in forum News discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th February 2009, 10:25 AM