Results 1 to 30 of 30

Black theme for XP

  1. #1
    The Master imrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Default Black theme for XP

    Black theme for XP........
    for xp users who are bored of old theme...........
    see a screenshot:

    i know most users have this but some don't have.

    download:ZuneDesktopTheme.msi
    "LIFE IS LIKE AN ICE-CREAM SO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS U CAN"

  2. #2
    The Wizard meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,776

    Default

    Thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    The Master imrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meetdilip View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    did u try it????????
    "LIFE IS LIKE AN ICE-CREAM SO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS U CAN"

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Archer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    I used to like black stylish themes, but now I am looking for simple blue/green themes. I am using Chrome X 2.0 Beta theme now.


  5. #5
    The Master imrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    cool theme archer...
    good one....
    i will try to find any green or blue theme
    "LIFE IS LIKE AN ICE-CREAM SO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS U CAN"

  6. #6
    Platinum Member talktoanil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,204

    Default


  7. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    I am OK with the basic XP theme, it looks simple and sober.

  8. #8
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    179

    Default

    good one.....................

  9. #9
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    Please recheck the link given. not available.

    Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
    2.
    TRY here:
    Zune Desktop Theme - A Warning - Miscellaneous Debris

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default

    never knew why Microsoft doesnt make its own themes?! am using xp dont know abt vista/7

  11. #11
    Platinum Member talktoanil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finance_professional View Post
    never knew why Microsoft doesnt make its own themes?! am using xp dont know abt vista/7
    Try windows 7 and you will never feel any need to install 3 rd party theme software.

    Note : windows 7 , like XP runs even on a dabba PC with 512 MB Ram.

  12. #12
    Bronze Member sharadkumar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Whoever gives a damn about themes! At first I used to care so much, I used to install WindowBlinds, IconPackager, and what not! Now I couldn't care less how my desktop looks as long as its blazing fast! And Now I realize that THIS is the way it should be... Bland but Superfast, and not Pretty but Sleepy!
    You want a Google Wave Invite - Visit this thread
    BSNL Broadband user!
    :42:

  13. #13
    Platinum Member Archer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharadkumar View Post
    Whoever gives a damn about themes! At first I used to care so much, I used to install WindowBlinds, IconPackager, and what not! Now I couldn't care less how my desktop looks as long as its blazing fast! And Now I realize that THIS is the way it should be... Bland but Superfast, and not Pretty but Sleepy!
    Ditto.

    But if install Windows 7, you won't have the choice to disable visual styles/themes.

  14. #14
    Platinum Member talktoanil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Ditto.

    But if install Windows 7, you won't have the choice to disable visual styles/themes.
    You can.
    1. Right click on desktop > Personalise
    2. You will see all the themes listed.
    3. scroll down a little and select Windows Classic.


  15. #15
    Platinum Member Archer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktoanil View Post
    You can.
    1. Right click on desktop > Personalise
    2. You will see all the themes listed.
    3. scroll down a little and select Windows Classic.
    Thanks! I never noticed it before, even though I have explored most of the main settings in Windows 7.

    But the explorer toolbar, startmenu and the rest are still the same.

  16. #16
    Platinum Member talktoanil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Thanks! I never noticed it before, even though I have explored most of the main settings in Windows 7.

    But the explorer toolbar, startmenu and the rest are still the same.
    Welcome. Windows 7 has all the settings intact of XP with some additional features or moved to some other location. Eg. Lan Properties(network icon). Now you can see all the connection in pop-up at right side.

  17. #17
    Platinum Member Preeti_20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,014

    Default

    black theme looks quite good!

  18. #18
    The Master imrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Preeti_20 View Post
    black theme looks quite good!
    now i have switched to W7 64bit and i love it!
    "LIFE IS LIKE AN ICE-CREAM SO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS U CAN"

  19. #19
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrock View Post
    now i have switched to W7 64bit and i love it!
    window 7 has multiple driver issues.....i had instaled windows 7..firstly my KIS 9 wasnt compatible wiith tht windows ..secondly no driver updates still .......so i hd to format my c drive again n go with tht cool version of black xp...

    black xp rocks.......

  20. #20
    The Master imrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viper_in_blood View Post
    window 7 has multiple driver issues.....i had instaled windows 7..firstly my KIS 9 wasnt compatible wiith tht windows ..secondly no driver updates still .......so i hd to format my c drive again n go with tht cool version of black xp...

    black xp rocks.......
    W7 has no driver problem for me......infact i didn't install any driver.it detected automatically.even my printer.....

    ur KIS09 is history.......KIS10 is out......its compatible with W7.......i use it.
    "LIFE IS LIKE AN ICE-CREAM SO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS U CAN"

  21. #21
    Platinum Member talktoanil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viper_in_blood View Post
    window 7 has multiple driver issues.....i had instaled windows 7..firstly my KIS 9 wasnt compatible wiith tht windows ..secondly no driver updates still .......so i hd to format my c drive again n go with tht cool version of black xp...

    black xp rocks.......
    all vista drivers will work on windows 7 too. so try vista drivers of KIS 9 on windows 7

  22. #22
    The Master imrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktoanil View Post
    all vista drivers will work on windows 7 too. so try vista drivers of KIS 9 on windows 7
    why KIS09 when KIS10 has arrived!
    "LIFE IS LIKE AN ICE-CREAM SO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS U CAN"

  23. #23
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrock View Post
    W7 has no driver problem for me......infact i didn't install any driver.it detected automatically.even my printer.....

    ur KIS09 is history.......KIS10 is out......its compatible with W7.......i use it.

    bro i agree KIS9 is history...my problem is i hv legal key for till mid of 2010 so cannt just throw tht in garbage.....

  24. #24
    The Master imrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viper_in_blood View Post
    bro i agree KIS9 is history...my problem is i hv legal key for till mid of 2010 so cannt just throw tht in garbage.....
    just upgrade............
    ur KIS09 key will work on KIS10!!!!!!!

    just enter the fields and u will get trial on ur email.

    install and use the KIS09 key.

    Download KIS10:Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Free Trial
    "LIFE IS LIKE AN ICE-CREAM SO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS U CAN"

  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharadkumar View Post
    Whoever gives a damn about themes! At first I used to care so much, I used to install WindowBlinds, IconPackager, and what not! Now I couldn't care less how my desktop looks as long as its blazing fast! And Now I realize that THIS is the way it should be... Bland but Superfast, and not Pretty but Sleepy!
    Rofl, same goes for me. who cares if your task bars look black or white, unless your menu's arent poping wid the first click But m using w7 and even wid the aero environment the speedz not affected, as it did in vista.

  26. #26
    The Master imrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharadkumar View Post
    Whoever gives a damn about themes! At first I used to care so much, I used to install WindowBlinds, IconPackager, and what not! Now I couldn't care less how my desktop looks as long as its blazing fast! And Now I realize that THIS is the way it should be... Bland but Superfast, and not Pretty but Sleepy!
    at first i care about how it looks.........

    2nd according to me there's no lack of speed by installing themes.
    "LIFE IS LIKE AN ICE-CREAM SO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS U CAN"

  27. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    26

    Default

    well you are mistaken... the modern themes consume alot of memory (i mean, more than they are meant to), you would not notice it if you have alot of spare RAM. If you still dont want to believe us, try this in XP>
    > right click on my computer> advanced tab>
    Under the Performance Fieldset> click on the settings
    Now from the menu that appears select the radio button next to 'Adjust for best performance'
    It will drain all the special effects.. now you will notice a boost in gaming performance & application runtime.
    My Observation> Vista Tranformation Pack.. slows the damn out of the system which has 512 MB RAM, p4 2.0Ghz.

    one more thing @imrock, once you start using ur system for 'miscellaneous activities' other than gaming and internet, you would stop considering the looks.

  28. #28
    The Master imrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rahul941400 View Post
    well you are mistaken... the modern themes consume alot of memory (i mean, more than they are meant to), you would not notice it if you have alot of spare RAM. If you still dont want to believe us, try this in XP>
    > right click on my computer> advanced tab>
    Under the Performance Fieldset> click on the settings
    Now from the menu that appears select the radio button next to 'Adjust for best performance'
    It will drain all the special effects.. now you will notice a boost in gaming performance & application runtime.
    My Observation> Vista Tranformation Pack.. slows the damn out of the system which has 512 MB RAM, p4 2.0Ghz.

    one more thing @imrock, once you start using ur system for 'miscellaneous activities' other than gaming and internet, you would stop considering the looks.
    a theme doesn't according to me....in my experience there is no slowdown.

    but yeah transformation packs eat the memory.
    and i only surf net and game and install some softwares that i find necessary and nothing else.
    "LIFE IS LIKE AN ICE-CREAM SO ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS U CAN"

  29. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I like the normal green/blue design color of Windows XP. I wish the newer versions of Windows would allow it to be used as the classic version instead of the classic being the old 95 type version but I guess it needs to be that version in order to increase system performance.

  30. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Looks pretty cool !

Similar Threads

  1. Got Free black STB , Is Hd Possible?
    By Paras0710 in forum Tata sky
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th December 2010, 03:40 PM
  2. Laser Printer (Black) under 6K
    By bajaj151 in forum Computer Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th October 2010, 01:50 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 1st October 2009, 10:35 AM
  4. Which is Best (Print only) Black and Color Printer?
    By Creamkan in forum Computer Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st April 2009, 09:46 PM
  5. New Windows XP Black theme .......
    By risingsun in forum Windows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th January 2009, 05:23 PM